Where's Good to Spend Sunday Afternoon?

HomeForumsIn ChengduWhere's Good to Spend Sunday Afternoon?

• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photodvcd.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hello guy’s , as mentioned before i have just landed here early last week, i think i will love chengdu, most of you was right, actually i stay at century city south  terminal line 1 , next week i have 2 days off, so i plan for friday night to go out , any good place for the first time night out in chengdu i mean a place where i can enjoy good song and not so far from century? then any one of you please can tell me where is the best  spot to go in day time on sunday afternoon, today i was tianfu square and arround thank for your lead , and yes most of you was right its a very relaxing city , suitable for me as well thank , have a Good week .

Participant

I don’t know much that far south, but a little ways up on line 1 will take you to some decent bars. Correct me if I’m wrong, Chengdu Vets, but I believe the stop is 倪家桥. That’ll get you close to Hellen’s, on the fourth floor of the Poly Centre near the american consulate. Round the corner is Carribean Plaza which is an…interesting scene of young locals and very drunk expats.

Friday Nights is also the group bicycle ride, 8pm at Natooke. Which is a really nice contrast to the ‘Get smashed, and go dancing’  practice.

You can find much more info than I can give on Chengdu Places linked at teh top of page.

Participant

Callum,  you know more places than me now! LOL

Keymaster

Everything is kind of far from Century City but here are some places I would check out:

New Little Bar (live bands on Fridays and Saturdays)

Machu Picchu (laid back bar)

The Lazy Pug (authentic American food + great atmosphere and bar)

Participant

Thank to Callum and Charlie most appreciate , Whats is the name of the Metro station to go by the river where is about many bar and pub ?

Thanks for the Lead Have a good week-end

Participant

It’s Rainy Day, Hallelujah! It’s Rainy Day!

Participant

I just spent the morning trying improve my Mario Cart world rankings

Participant

Lovely afternoon in the gym. Nobody there. Checked my d-bag app: confirmed 0%. Delightful.

Participant

I went out to Luodai with a few students today and it was kind of a trip seeing the various characters hiking the mini great wall. I was the white dude sweating his ass off in shorts and a t-shirt, while all these guys/girls were practically in dress clothes.

The little ancient town would’ve been cool to get some pictures of, but it was too rainy when we got there. I did snap a couple shots of scorpions and beetles on a stick though. All in all I’d give it a 6/10…little heavy on the tourist junk at both sites.

Keymaster

Thank to Callum and Charlie most appreciate , Whats is the name of the Metro station to go by the river where is about many bar and pub ?

Thanks for the Lead Have a good week-end

New Little Bar and Machu Picchu are nearest to the Nijia Qiao subway station and The Lazy Pug is just outside of the Tongzilin station. If you’re going near the river, that’s another stop which is further north.

Participant

Mountain Longquan

Ride bike to there is so cooooooool

Participant

@ Charlie Thank for your info it’s professional , for any other please don’t spoil my initial Topic this is not polite and respectful thank guy’s, any topic outside of my Request  please open a topic for your self appreciate  Thank you ! ^^

Participant

Century city is not typical Chengdu, in fact, any new built place lost the relax of Chengdu. And the air pollution is worse outside the 3rd ring.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.