Where to Barbecue in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere to Barbecue in Chengdu?

• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoshu.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone know of a place suitable for a barbecue and beer in the sun? A nice not-too-crowded park with some trees for shade perhaps?

Participant

I’m extremely interested in this as well. I found a smoker for sale online that looks to be within my price range. I’m already making my own beer and brats at home. I just need to find a place to grill this all up and then find people to eat it. I live around the Sports Stadium – First Ring Road and Yulin Bei Lu. Anyone who knows a place let me know.

Cheers.

Participant

May sound weird but if you happen to know anyone that lives in the Waterfront complex (near the Shangri La), that compound has nice barbecues outside with a pavilion next to it that provides shade. Also tables and chairs there. The compound is decorated like a park and if I remember correctly there’s even a small pond next to the barbecues. Should definitely do the trick.

And if you don’t know anyone who lives there, ting bu dong and just walk straight through the gate.

Quote:
    And if you don’t know anyone who lives there, ting bu dong and just walk straight through the gate.

Just LOL’d at that in the office and got some curious looks.

Participant

My balcony. Not as great as grass, but still good. Hit me up if interested. I’ll provide the beers.

Participant

I went to a park with a big outdoor bbq area a few years ago but can’t remember the name – somewhere in the north/northeast I think though..

There’s a great lake and bbq area out in LongQuan also. Lots of trees, lake you can rent canoes for and little Xiao Mai Bu boats that you can canoe up to for snacks n drink… quite fun. But – it’s in LongQuan, so getting a group out there wouldn’t be so easy 😀 A couple people with cars and could be a good weekend day event though.

isaw some chinese people making fire in a suburb at the river boardwalk last weekend. Who should forbid to grill then?

Participant

Ben Brown you sound like you know what you are doing. I on the other hand like to poke the fire and pretend. It’s the taking part that counts.

H. Linc whats the people capacity of your balcony? Might work for a trial run, where do you live? I’m at Jiu Yan Qiao.

Hi Rick my Chinese friend recommended Long Quan as well. I’ve actually been there before just to climb the mountain(hill). I didn’t see what you describe but does sound good. I’ll investigate more.

Someone mentioned Ta Zi Shan park, and then other said the bao an doesn’t allow it anymore. I’ll take a look next time I’m at the carrefour near there.

Participant

Gao Wei Sports Park is good for BBQ,5 o’clock direction(south east)near 4th ringroad.Big park with many things to do.usually not so crowed because its not close from city.Nice place to spend all day with group of people.

Quote:
    Hi Rick my Chinese friend recommended Long Quan as well. I’ve actually been there before just to climb the mountain(hill). I didn’t see what you describe but does sound good. I’ll investigate more.

It’s called Baigongyan, and there are two options. First, at the top of the mountain, there is a lawn or something you can bbq on, a little bit more Western style, BUT it can be unbearablely hot if you bbq there in summerdays; another option is near the lake BUT, no view of the lake indeed,at least no view of lake where i barbequed….yeah there are trees,(that’s not the kind of big trees i’d expected…but it’s cooler..)..seems there are also other options there, but i really don’t remember that well…

Participant

Tazishan Park 塔子山公园

Inside the park, there is a special area

Participant

I just checked out Tazishan. Can’t be done, bao an says they don’t allow it anymore and there’s no sneaking past them.

Quote:
    Gao Wei Sports Park is good for BBQ,5 o’clock direction(south east)near 4th ringroad.

I can’t find this on the map. Did you mean Jin Jiang sports park?

Participant
    Quote:
    Gao Wei Sports Park is good for BBQ,5 o’clock direction(south east)near 4th ringroad.

I can’t find this on the map. Did you mean Jin Jiang sports park?

Jin jiang sports park is on the 3rd ring road, Gao wei sports park is just out on the Rao cheng gao su(g4201)4th ring road,same direction. Look up maps.baidu.com

Participant

A bit of change to the topic, but for those of you that own your own grills… What kind do you have? Make, model, gas, electric, charcoal, etc..?

Participant

Lsat time I did it in Tazishan Park was 10yrs ago….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.