Where to Buy Silk in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere to Buy Silk in Chengdu?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi!

I’ll be in Chengdu for a while in March, and I want to pick up some nice – good quality – silk products (scarf, robe) for my girlfriend.

Where would I be able to find that?

Thank you!

Keymaster

One place that you can definitely get this in Chengdu is at Jinli. After you walk inside, you’ll see a few silk shops on the right side – in one of the larger ones you can see the silk being woven there with a big wooden machine. I’m sure there are other places where you can get silk in Chengdu, but this is one of the most famous and well known.

Participant

But Jinli’s is very expensive. You can go to 丝绸城(silk town). There are some good ones and cheaper compared to Jinli’s. But only scarfs and clothes. If you want to buy some embroidery. You can only go to Jinli. 🙂

Participant

Thanks guys!

Participant

I agree with Tracy Lee. I don’t like Jinli any more.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I agree with Tracy Lee. I don’t like Jinli any more.

Someone told me they went to Jinli recently and had to pay to get inside. I have never heard of that before. Jinli has always been packed with tourists on weekends, but it’s still a place where I always bring out of town guests. They’re both fake-historical tourist districts but I prefer Jinli to Kuanzhai Xiangzi personally.

Participant

I cry. 🙁

Actually before so-called being rebuilt, Kuang Zhai Xiang Zi was really fantastic: peaceful, quiet and natural ancient. I always had a walk there. But in order to earn money, the government totally destroyed it and made it like present situation.:(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.