Seeking B12-enriched Products for Vegans

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSeeking B12-enriched Products for Vegans

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to living in China and wish to know where I can find B12 vitamin enriched products here in China. As a vegetarian, I was accustumed to take spirulina thinking it was a B12 vitamin source. But someone just explained to me that spirulina only contains a homologue of B12 vitamin (confirmed by several websites).

I then call to all the vegetarians and vegans wisdom in this forum : which products should I set out to find and where can I find them here in Chengdu? Any suggestions are welcome.

I think you’d have a hard time relying on food products to hit your B quota, particularly here in China. I’ve been using Puritan’s Pride B-50 Complex since I’ve been in China. You can find legit suppliers on Taobao, including at least one right here in Chengdu.

Participant

Hello Brendan,

Thanks for this good information! I am not used to take this kind of dietary supplement but I will give it a try. Which seller do you trust in taobao? Also, when you refer to the Chengdu reseller, do you mean he has like a shop somewhere in town?

Another question, I found a “B complex – B12” from Puritan’s Pride in taobao but the dose of B12 is of about 100mcg, this seems like a lot since the normal and necessary dose is of about 3mcg a day for adults. Do you take this daily or once every two or three days?

Participant

You can buy B1, B6 and B12 as well as B complex at any Chinese pharmacy – not in the western vitamin section, but the Chinese brand. Expect to pay 4-6 rmb for a bottle of 100 tablets (10mg). I’d show the pharmacist a note – they will recognize the letters and numerals if you don’t speak Chinese.

peace and veggie love 🙂

Participant

Hi!

Thanks for the advice 🙂  I bought my B12 pills this afternoon at the closest pharmacy I found : 1¥ for 100 tablets (it was the only B12 option)! Although at this price range I tend to have my doubts about the quality… (unless someone in this forum tells me it is safe).

In any case, I will give the Puritan’s Pride version a try later on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.