Where to Get 'Walk In' X-Ray?

HomeForumsIn ChengduWhere to Get 'Walk In' X-Ray?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m looking to get an X-ray without to much fuss (or expense!), and am curious to know if anyone on the forum has found somewhere that’s convenient and quick. I know Huaxi will do it, but my experience there is it’s a) expensive, and b) usually means making your way through/queuing amidst a sea of people. I’m starting to suspect I’ve been walking around for 2 months with a broken finger after a bike accident, if I catch it the wrong way the pain is a little too fresh!

Keymaster

I’m sure you can walk in to Global Doctors in Chengdu and they list x-ray among their services, but I’d expect their price to be significantly higher than Huaxi. There’ll certainly be far fewer people, though.

Participant

@ Brendan – pretty well most of the small clinics have x-ray services.

There is a modern, clean and cheap health practice opposite the Golden Apple School on Dayang Tigou Tunnel (tunnel ??? – that’s what my iPad map calls it – actually a one way street) between Chuangye Road where it meets the Jingkun Expressway and Zirui North Street. I’m 90% certain that they have x-Ray and can take a walk round there if you need to know for certain.

Aternatively there is a small hospital between the No 2 road and the vegetable market on Shenxianshu North Road (about 150 meters south of the Number 2 on the left). It’s not pretty but I have had an xRay there and there was no waiting except for them to process the film. Free car parking.

Neither of these two locations speak English but both locations are far more civilised than Huaxi and are much cheaper. Good places to use if you have sports injuries and need physiotherapy.

Participant

man, don’t bother. I broke my finger a few years ago and went to the sports hospital on the first ring road. I’d broke a finger when I was in school and remembered that the x-ray was pointless as they’ll treat fractures the same way (unless it’s a bone sticking out the skin moment haha).

Day 1: On my lunch break, no doctors about because they are eating/sleeping.

Day 2: Saw a doctor at 2pm
    Me: I have to work at 2.30, can you strap my finger please? I broke it yesterday.
    Doctor: You need an x-ray.
    Me: I don’t have time, can you strap it please?
    Doctor: Not before you get an x-ray.
    Me: But you’ll treat it the exact same way. You can see its swollen. Can you do something to help me now?
    Doctor: I’m not touching your finger until I see an x-ray

Day 3:
    Got an x-ray. Can’t remember how much it cost exactly, around 200rmb.

Day 4:
    Me: Here is my x-ray
    Doctor: Oh, yes. A fractured finger. You can fix this yourself. Go buy an ice cream and use the little stick as a splint. Then tape your 2 fingers together.
    Me: lots of 4 letter swear words

man, don’t bother

That’s completely been my thought the past few weeks, not wanting to submit to any semblance of gong showism. I got thrown into a taxi windscreen yesterday and struck my hand (saving my head), and my finger hurt like a m***er f***er. Today I’m already resided again. I’ll probably end up seeing how I feel in a few weeks again.

Thanks for the info given here though, at least I have some choices based on where you guys have been.

Participant

Brendan, just tape two fingers together and forget the outrageous expense of a lolly and having to eat it (the lolly, not the finger).

Assuming that you have cracked it or even just badly bruised it or whatever then the use of a heat lamp will almost certainly help with healing and pain relief.

But there are very good reasons why a doctor would not prescribe treatment without adequate confirmation of the problem as you can easily end up missing a life threatening condition while wasting your time treating a non existent condition.

Participant

doctors here done even give you casts…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.