Where to go and what to see in 10 days?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere to go and what to see in 10 days?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m having a friend come over to Chengdu for 10 days in April. It’s the only vacation I have during my internship here, so I’m going to use the time to explore Chengdu and see some of China.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with some recommendations or must-see things over here.

I spent some time exploring the web and so far this is what I’ve got:

Leshan Dafo (giant buddha)

Giant Panda Breeding Research Base

Jiuzhaigou National Park

Wen Shu Temple

Chunxi road shopping

I’m afraid this isn’t really gonna be enough for 10 days though. Are there any other places in China that are easy to get to and absolutely worth visiting?

I know the top of this website mentions some other places to see, but they don’t seem that appealing to me.

Qinguang Gong is a really nice Daoist temple, and there is an art/antique market close by which is worth a visit.

Have lunch inside Wenshu Temple. Vegetarian food made to look and taste like meat. Delicious.

The peak and temples on Emei mountain are fantastic. You can combine it with Leshan to make a 3 day trip.

I found Dujiangyan a bit boring, but you can combine it with a trip to Qingcheng mountain.

Some of the best trips I have been on are out west in to Tibetan areas around Kangding. Might still be a bit cold in April.

Participant

Recommended few lines Tours,

@ Chengdu – Jiuzhaigou Valley- Huanglong – Chengdu

@ Chengdu – Hailuogou – Kangding – Xinduqiao – Tagong – Bamei – Danba – Kangding – Chengdu

@ Chengdu – Jiuzhaigou – Huanglong – Zoige – Langmusi – Hongyan – Marekang – Siguniangshan – Danba – Chengdu

@ Chengdu – Xinduqiao – Daocheng – Xianggelila/ Yadin – Daocheng – Xinduqiao – Kangding / Luding – Hailuogou – Chengdu

Jiuzhaigou altitude of 2 km or more, over the primeval forest, ditch the distribution of one hundred and eight lakes, nine Tibetan villages, Jiuzhaigou is said to be “fairy-tale world “.

Huanglong have four things in abundance, the beauty color pool, snow-capped mountains, valleys, forests, known to the world

Hong Yuan is located in the “roof of the world, ” the eastern edge of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, is the only Tibetan inhabited Aba based purely pastoral counties. The territory of the vast grasslands, lush plants, minerals, forests very rich.

Zoige county, holy snow, is a magical land, pristine nation, this is beautiful picture

Daocheng, Aden area, a beautiful valley, grasslands, mountains, deep valleys, waterfalls. Particularly well-known is well-known Tibetan Youth Day Song Gongbu Gongga Xuefeng and its mysterious legend.

the Shell Valley, Er Lang Mountian, Luding Bridge, Shell Valley

sightseeing and get to Shell Valley near KangDing county

hot spring, virgin forest, glacier, GongGa Mountain (altitude 7556, highest in Sichuan)

Shell Valley is said to be the most beautiful glacier in China

visit MuGeCuo Lake (cuo means lake in Tibetan)

have lakes, horse riding, grassland, hot spring, jokul

enjoy the beautiful scenery on the way and get to BaMei town (literally means eight beauty)

this part of route is describe as the photographer’s heaven, sceneries include Zheduo Mountain (altitude 4298m), XinDuQiao County , TaGong Temple

BaMei neighboring places

visit grass land and Tibet castle

get to DanBa County and visit the neighboring area,JiaJu Tibet village, MeiRen Valley (Beauty Valley), Tibet Castle.

DanBa area is said to be the most beautiful countryside in China rather than WuYuan in Jiangxi Province

get to RiLong Town and enjoy the beautiful scenery on the way

see Si Gu Niang Mountain and visit Chang Ping Valley

Keymaster

Lots of good tips already. Here are some of mine:

– Visit Qing Cheng Shan. Ben already mentioned this, but you can take the new train there in 30 minutes and it’s right near Dujiang Yan. There was some damage to Qing Cheng Shan in the 2008 quake but it’s still beautiful and dotted with temples.

– DVD shopping / Computer City. This one never fails to stun visitors. The size and amount of activity in the computer buildings at Renmin Nanlu and First Ring Road is pretty nuts. When people offer DVD’s for sale, let them take you to the secret DVD dens. It’s an adventure.

– People’s Park (Renmin Gongyuan). Sunday’s are great, the park will be filled with people and there’s live music, dancing, kids flying kites, tea houses, and lots of activity. Old men with song birds in cages, etc. Good times.

Participant

Solid advice guys, thanks! Will probably come back later when I start planning the trip.

That secret DVD dens, is it easy to enter? I mean will they just show me because I ask? Sounds pretty cool lol.

Keymaster

If you’re a foreigner they’ll be eager to take you there. Just go with the people saying “DVD! DVD!!!” when you get off the escalator at Computer City. They have hidden rooms in the building or nearby that are filled with their wares, and they know they can trust foreigners so they’ll pretty much take you there without hesitation.

It’s crazy because it’s often a room with a bunk bed and old bicycles or something. They’re halfway living spaces tucked in the back corner of some inconspicuous building. You might be flipping through DVD’s in a cardboard box while this persons kid is playing with toys in the same room, a few feet away. This is a great way to welcome someone to China, hahaha.

Don’t forget Sichuan Opera!!

Participant

you can check this link out too

Top Ten Places to Enjoy in Chengdu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.