Who choose Chengdu to learn mandarin?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWho choose Chengdu to learn mandarin?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Who choose Chengdu to learn mandarin?

Keymaster

I don’t think anyone would choose Chengdu for Mandarin specifically. For that, Beijing is the best option.

I think people choose Chengdu for emerging business opportunities, laid back quality of life here, or a combination of the two.

Participant

I chose Chengdu because I wanted to learn Mandarin more than the languages I could learn at the other places I could’ve gone. But, it was the only Chinese speaking city I had to choose from.

spicy food, emerging business opportunities, learn Mandarin, less people than BJ or SH, 关系, and 美女, obviously.

Keymaster

Definitely, food and beautiful women are nice draws for Chengdu 😀

Participant

CD is a good place to learn Sichuan dialect.(Let me do a little bit of propaganda for SC hua here, I’m very ya jian by the way, lol). Sichua hua is the 10th largest language in the world (if counted as an independent language, according to wikipedia), and SCH once almost became official language of China (1955 voting from a conference held by China’s character reform commission and ministry of education, Beijing hua has 52 vote, Chengdu hua has 51 vote, 1 vote difference make Putong hua base on the dialect of Beijing). when it comes to movies, if the director put SCH inside, it will make the movie very popular (my own opinion), such as Let The Bullet Fly (the highest box office Chinese movie until now, whole movie is in SCH) or Crazy Stone (cult movie, which was a national phenomenon in 2006). and SCH can also be used to communicate with people from other southwestern provinces. So, highly recommend you to learn SCH, cheers!

Keymaster

Interesting points, Steven. Spend time in Chengdu and you’ll be understanding Sichuanhua before long, not much of a question about that.

Participant

agree: “to learn Sichuan dialect” ….

Participant

agree: “to learn Sichuan dialect” ….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.