Who's Going to Zebra Music Festival?

HomeForumsIn ChengduWho's Going to Zebra Music Festival?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Update #1: although we have yet to recieve 100% confirmation, current reports indicate that Zebra Music Festival has at worst been cancelled, or at best rescheduled to an undetermined date

Update #2: Zebra is officially not happening at the scheduled date: announcement

Zebra Music Festival is a 3 day long music festival that starts on Monday the 29th of April this year – who’s going?

You can buy tickets online here for 80 yuan per day or get them on site.

The lineup looks pretty typical for Zebra (the same performers are featured every year, more or less), but that is below. I don’t know any of the foreign artists that are on the bill – if anyone does, or if you’re a fan of fan of one of them, let us know in the comments below.

Like in previous years, there will be a Xiong Mao electronic music tent, which is good news. All we need to hope for now is good weather! I found some old blog posts about Zebra with photos and info: one two three

Here’s the lineup:

zebra-lineup.jpg

Participant

If the weather is nice I’ll be there – not so much for the music, but just hangin out and drinking way too much in an area with likely fresher air 😀

Participant

I’m pretty keen on Ashura. Can remember buying their CD back in 2005 and drinking with them in the old Reggae bar, good times.

Participant

So it runs from Monday-Wednesday? Why dont they have it over a weekend?

Participant

May 1st is a national holiday… so they run it alongside the holiday days..

Participant

Cool,Im there!

Participant

Sounds pretty cool.

Same, more there for the atmosphere, sun and few beers and hopefully hear some good tunes;-)

What day you guys and others going. Couldn’t imagine going to it for 3 days, a bit to hardcore for me!

Participant

I”ll be there. I don’t recognize any of the music, but the Xiong Mao tent should be a good time. Hopefully we’ll get three nice days of weather!

Participant

Did I see Cold Cave on there? I mean they are proper good and should be well known for far afield (unless it’s a miss print or another band with the exact same name:

http://pitchfork.com/news/47729-divine-fits-announce-tour-with-cold-cave/

According to pitchfork former LCD Soundsystem/Melvins people involved with their new line up. They also are listing a Chongqing date on their official site so I think this is for real.

Love Comes Close is a classic and recommend to all! Electro Synth stuff – Italo via New Order. (might not be best on a big stage though!)

I will be there!

Participant

Rather hilarious comment on their new single:

Quote:
    If you like your Pulp in leather chaps, this is for you. I didn’t realise I did, but now I am converted.

Ha Haaaaa

Participant

oh wow it’s this time of year again have fun in the xiong mao tent and hope there’s a funky place that does free beer for laowai again ><

Participant

Is there busses running from Chengdu? If not, how do we get there?

Also, what is the time schedule like, do the bands start in the morning?

I’m planning on going on the 30th, around 15h00? Need the 1st to recover from my hangover,what do you guys think?

Participant

Survival mechanism for any organised event here: EXPECTATIONS LOW. Too high, and it can be devastating….

Participant
    Quote:
    Is there busses running from Chengdu? If not, how do we get there?

Also, what is the time schedule like, do the bands start in the morning?

I’m planning on going on the 30th, around 15h00? Need the 1st to recover from my hangover,what do you guys think?

There’s no direct bus as far as I’m aware. Best just take a taxi. They’re not too expensive, definitely less than 100 rmb.

Bands start at 3 ish. The electronic tent should be open from 2pm.

I think the 1st looks to have the best line-up for bands.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Survival mechanism for any organised event here: EXPECTATIONS LOW. Too high, and it can be devastating….

Seriously, bring your own party and go with fun people. I’m bringing a frisbee, as every year. I recommend drinking a lot of alcohol.

edit: 3,000th post 😀

Participant

LoL,thanks guys,Ill see you in the electronic tent,what time does it end?

Participant

Scheduled to end at 12 but if nobody shuts it down it’ll go on later.

Keymaster

I heard today that the second stage (which was called the 天空舞台 in previous years) won’t be there this year, just the main stage and the electronic tent. I’m trying to find a map of what Zebra will look like this year, but the “Information” page on their website still says “Coming Soon”. I wonder if there will be any other attractions or things going on in place of the second stage, because that is where many of us DJ’d in previous years, or saw many of the best shows there.

Aside from Pet Conspiracy and Reptile & Retard the best performances I have seen at Zebra were on the second stage (Zhou Yun Peng was awesome a few years ago). Hopefully there’s other stuff going on this year in their place – I have no idea if the third stage which was by the camping area will be there this year either. Not much info available, it seems.

Participant

Sounds nice.

Woah, Cold Cave in China? That would be worth going..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.