Why Live in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhy Live in Chengdu?

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

i been in chengdu now for quite a few months and let me tell you: its great! at first it was just okay, but after a few months, when you pick up the language, meet people and know who to party with, it’s great! best place in the world! hahaha

Haha. Let me explain:

In ancient times, Chengdu was a province that enjoyed self-sufficiency. With humid temperate climate and abundant natural resources, Chengdu was the most promising city in China. Maybe the most attractive thing is the lifestyle there. Relaxed when you get old. But For some young people, they have to try work hard. Anyway, Sichuan is the biggest province and Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Ur talking about ur work environment?

No, I’m talking about visibility outside. There are a lot of great things about Chengdu, but I don’t think its natural beauty is one of them. Surrounding areas, on the other hand, are some of the most beautiful on earth. Especially Western Sichuan and some of the nearby mountains.

Quote:
    are some of the most beautiful on earth. Especially Western Sichuan and some of the nearby mountains.

Yes of course, Chengdu and Western Sichuan is famous for natural beauty. Jiuzhai valley, Xiling, etc.

Beer, ladies, books, weirdness, rickshaws, chinese food, people are nice, it’s weird… it’s the closest you’ll get to living on Mars. Um…

what you wnat to suggest?

Participant

There’s a lot of stuff to love here in Chengdu, particularly if you’re trying to find the positive sides.

Like so many other people here have mentioned it’s a very friendly place where random people will strike up a conversation with you (regardless of whether you’re an “exotic foreigner” or not).

The food is fantastic, and ranges in price from next to nothing to practically he shirt of a normal person’s back.

Chengdu has also managed to hold on to its relaxed lifestyle in the face of the hectic changes modern China i going through, possibly because of the residents’ pride in that very same aspect of their culture. There are stories saying that after the earthquake in 2008 once the army was on the scene and rescue work was being taken over by the professionals, local people simply shrugged their shoulders and went to the nearest tea house to get over the shock. Tells you something about the laid back mentality here.

Participant

Thank you all!

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.