WIFI in Starbucks

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWIFI in Starbucks

• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

have you peep tried access to the free wifi by starbucks lately? It seems like only china mobile users get access to them now?

Participant

No clue, Harbux too rich for my blood.

Participant

Pal,

if you consider getting a drink and sink into the crouch for hours, then the cost will be distributed better…lol

The drinks are not tasty

could always try KFC or McD’s

Participant

Subway, same prices but healthier food… Still though, WIFI at fast food joints… Something is not right with that…

Participant

starbucks seems a little more comfy to sit in with a laptop/tablet than a kfc or mcdonalds….

not sayin, just sayin..

Keymaster
    Quote:
    starbucks seems a little more comfy to sit in with a laptop/tablet than a kfc or mcdonalds….

For sure. Starbucks is not a bad place to kick it for an hour or two with a tablet or laptop if you need to get online for an hour to knock something out. Starbucks is significantly more expensive in China than in the US though.

Participant

Guys,

So in conclusion, can you peeps still get connect to the wifi in starbucks when you are not a china mobile user??

Keymaster
    Quote:
    So in conclusion, can you peeps still get connect to the wifi in starbucks when you are not a china mobile user??

Yes, anyone can get wifi access in Starbucks.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Yes, anyone can get wifi access in Starbucks.

Participant

This is weird…

I understand one would need to register with CCMC for a dynamic password so that one can access the wifi in starbucks. However lately I tried to do so with my Unicom mobile number and there is no SMS with the password was sent me. I even checked with CCMC and they said that currently they have problems to allow other mobile service provider users to access…

TMD

Participant

This is weird…

I understand one would need to register with CCMC for a dynamic password so that one can access the wifi in starbucks. However lately I tried to do so with my Unicom mobile number and there is no SMS with the password was sent me. I even checked with CCMC and they said that currently they have problems to allow other mobile service provider users to access…

TMD

Keymaster

In the past, they’ve just given me a password that I input to join the wi-fi network at Starbucks. No other login required.

Keymaster

In the past, they’ve just given me a password that I input to join the wi-fi network at Starbucks. No other login required.

Participant

yup, just to be able to do just that. one password will be valid for 7 days…however came late Feb or early Mar, I cannot receive the SMS anymore. Called up unicom, they says nothing wrong with my sim card, called China Mobile and they explained that they do not send out smses to other mobile service subscribers anymore due to backend system issues.

Just wondering if there are others facing the same problem as me….

Participant

yup, just to be able to do just that. one password will be valid for 7 days…however came late Feb or early Mar, I cannot receive the SMS anymore. Called up unicom, they says nothing wrong with my sim card, called China Mobile and they explained that they do not send out smses to other mobile service subscribers anymore due to backend system issues.

Just wondering if there are others facing the same problem as me….

Participant

Maybe ask Starbucks staff or approach people that are on the web in Starbucks ?

Participant

Maybe ask Starbucks staff or approach people that are on the web in Starbucks ?

Participant

The staff members are usually happy to get a password for you. My problem is that my computer can never access the login page. IKEA is another good spot for Wi-Fi.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.