Woman Gets Dumped, Stays at KFC for a Week

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWoman Gets Dumped, Stays at KFC for a Week

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Pretty hilarious article.

“I realised we had been serving her for the past three days and that she hadn’t actually left,” said 22-year-old worker Li Lung. “When we asked her if she was ok, she said she was and just needed time to think. And then asked for another box of chicken wings with extra large fries.”

http://shanghaiist.com/2014/10/23/woman-dumped-by-boyfriend-spends-week-in-kfc.php

Participant

Doesn’t look like that was her first 1 week stint at a KFC man. Straight from the gutter.

Keymaster

Saw this yesterday also, truly hilarious. The closing line is so good. I think her sadness is justified, I don’t see many relationships in her future.

Participant

Karma is a bitch. After posting this ruthless comment about a fugly girl who may be perfectly kind, apartment snuck into by a midget cat burglar (identified as midget by mini footprints) overnight and work macbook air, wife’s 15 pro, an ipad mini, her old 5s, and my work bag which contained: passport, gopro, and some other shit…all gone. Passport is the truly painful part, seeing as there is no Canadian consulate in Chengdu, and I was suppose to fly to Beijing next week for a huge charity’s project inception. Fuuuuuuuuuck. Damn you, KFC sulker, damn you.

Keymaster

Karma is a bitch. After posting this ruthless comment about a fugly girl who may be perfectly kind, apartment snuck into by a midget cat burglar (identified as midget by mini footprints) overnight and work macbook air, wife’s 15 pro, an ipad mini, her old 5s, and my work bag which contained: passport, gopro, and some other shit…all gone. Passport is the truly painful part, seeing as there is no Canadian consulate in Chengdu, and I was suppose to fly to Beijing next week for a huge charity’s project inception. Fuuuuuuuuuck. Damn you, KFC sulker, damn you.

Damn, that hurts. Sorry to hear that. Did you have any of those items insured? Is there renters insurance in China or anything like that to protect from burglary?

Participant

Damn, that hurts. Sorry to hear that. Did you have any of those items insured? Is there renters insurance in China or anything like that to protect from burglary?

Na man, no insurance. I don’t think there is insurance for that kinda stuff – or if there is I’d be surprised if it wasn’t bullshit (as in impossible to collect anything that matches what your premiums equate to). We don’t rent, but even owners housing insurance is kinda limited/nonsense..they’ll sell it, but when looking at what you pay and details/work out what you actually get, it’s typically nonsense also.

I suppose the only “insurance” I have is providing police report to company, paying a part of the replacement cost, then picked up a new 15″ rMBP today, really nice box. However, it’s the *passport* and our *stolen data* that is the most painful…not all my presentations or documents were up on iCloud storage or anything, or backed up on other systems, have to root through mail and see what I can grab otherwise feel like I lost a lot of valuable stuff….a good lesson on why encrypting hard drives is very important (We did, of course).

This fucker had such dirty shoes his entire trail throughout the robbery was easy to track – where he went, didn’t go, muddled around, entered/exited, everything. The most important thing is the asshole didn’t go into our bedrooms side of the house – if anything happened to my baby or wife I’d go *POSTAL*.

Participant

Wow that’s a pretty nice hit for those thieves. If the footprints are really tiny it sounds like they might be using children now to do their dirty work. Scary thought. But not so scary to run into at night.

At least you still have two 6’s and an option on a 2013 Morgan, right? 😉

Participant

Sounds like you could use some chicken wings, Rick. Jokes aside, that blows…I know your pain!

Participant

@Vincent
    The Morgan ish is because someone owes money – and has none..but has a deposit tied up into a 9mil RMB rolls or some stupid shit like that, non-refundable, so wifey’s option is either continue waiting or take something within the deposit amount…which is only the Morgan, a shitty vehicle that literally nobody buys in Chengdu and the 7 or so you may see around – are other people who also had deposits at that place 😀

The 6s were on our bed, thankfully. I’ve since set up my security camera to record/notify on sensor regions, as I should have done before, but felt so safe just ignored it.

The prints weren’t child-sized, maybe 36s or something? The same thief around the same time also broke into a couple other apartments in the complex. The police say this is very rare in our particular complex, but very common in the ones around it, and we’re actually in one of the safest ones in the Shiyang police station’s area or whatever…I seriously think it’s someone from the road construction site next to our complex who has been casing the joint – all those temporary workers with easy access and little to lose makes it very suspect. Here’s a shot:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

OMG so sorry to hear about that Rick. Damm these bastards. Now Im getting a little worried now of renting a place. Is crime rates high over there? Can I apply for a gun license in case one of these bastard enters my house and steals my underwear or something.. Hope you’ll get all your work stuff and passport sorted out. Good luck Rick

Keymaster

OMG so sorry to hear about that Rick. Damm these bastards. Now Im getting a little worried now of renting a place. Is crime rates high over there?

Violent crime rates are low but non-violent crime like burglary, theft, and pickpocketing is sky high. I’m not sure what the best way to defend yourself against getting burgled is… that would be useful info though.

Participant

Damm this petty theives. Will be ready for them. Will have to learn a trick or 2 to surprise then when they try to pick my pocket

Participant

@Henry as mentioned, remember, if you cause physical damage, you may be met with both civil and criminal lawsuits….even though you were the victim of the theft. Even as little as a broken nose, to which I spent a year unable to renew work permit and unable to leave while on bail during processing — the financial loss as a result was *enormous*, not to mention the other problems.

Participant

Gosh Rick, seems you definitely have loads of memorable experiences in Chengdu. Really hope my stay there won’t be as eventful as yours. Can’t imagine losing income for so long for just for breaking a thieve’s nose. Reminds me of a story in NZ few years back where the victim was charged for shooting the thieve on his butt.. Thanks for the advice Rick. Thanks for getting me out of possible trouble.

Suprisingly while I was in southern India for 6 years, I could leave my house door wide open and have not got a single penny (paise) taken. I thought China might be as safe (naive of me). In India females tend to be victim of random molesting especially in crowded train or busses where many hands comes from all over where u cant really pin point who is the perpetrator. I witness mens there grabs tourist breast like no tomorrow of which I attacked one of them for doing that. But laws there are strict on culprits rather than vice versa. U can actually get a medal of honor for breaking noses and limbs of these predators.

Keymaster

Suprisingly while I was in southern India for 6 years, I could leave my house door wide open and have not got a single penny (paise) taken. I thought China might be as safe (naive of me). In India females tend to be victim of random molesting especially in crowded train or busses where many hands comes from all over where u cant really pin point who is the perpetrator. I witness mens there grabs tourist breast like no tomorrow of which I attacked one of them for doing that. But laws there are strict on culprits rather than vice versa. U can actually get a medal of honor for breaking noses and limbs of these predators.

That sounds like the opposite of China. You will be robbed in an instant if you let your guard down here, but you probably don’t need to worry about getting molested on the bus. Chinese people are more often intimidated by foreigners and are very unlikely to act confrontational in any way.

Participant

Hey folks, just wanted to pass on my property insurance provider’s info/link for a free quote. There’s no kickback here, but it seems many of you don’t know what’s available out there for a very reasonable premium and low deductible. I have a $100 deductible on a 70 USD/year premium for my stuff and itemized my MacBook Pro. That and my Cannondale CX bike are the only big ticket items I own here in China, but it’d def. be worth my $100 to get them replaced if they turned up missing one night. Follow the link and check it out for more info and a quote. Clements International is who I’ve used; never had to file a claim yet as my two Abus locks have held steady for the bike and I haven’t had to choose between breaking a nose or holding him til the cops showed up…

https://www.clements.com/intl-property/individuals?name=google&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Property&utm_content=Text&brokerid=google&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7NyiBRCOhpuCm9Dq6b4BEiQA9D6qhYFiTOMKa_qQYbXbb_p1xPhZLMlarQKerL6hVZvg-SwaAhCc8P8HAQ

Participant

$70usd/year? Wow, that’s cheap. I’d be most worried about laying a claim, but it sounds like the premium/deductible are worth it. Thanks for the info!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.