Working in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduWorking in Chengdu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there i was wondering if there is any jobs available for Foreigners that dont speak alot of Chinese ? I have always wanted to live in Chengdu but im just scared about moving to China and not being able to find a job there

Participant

Speaking English..

I mean, teaching English. 😀

Participant

I was looking into this but i heard they dont need you at certain times of the year when the kids are off  so your left without income.  how much is needed to live a reasonable lifestyle in chengdu as i know the teachers wage is pretty low

Participant

Some schools will offer holiday pay.  Other English training schools operate year round.  Unpaid holiday can also be managed by budgeting and/or picking up odd tutoring jobs or doing some white monkey work.

Simply, don’t let that deter you.

Participant

Eh? I heard teachers earn way more during holidays – summer especially, better pay for like, summer English camps and usually you’ll be doing it outside of town, fresh air, more playing less structured class and shit. Not entirely sure, but I think that’s the case.

Either way, teachers get by – so if you choose to give it a shot, I don’t see why it’d be any different for you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.