Working in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWorking in Chengdu

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

if living in a southern part would it better to get a hire a driver or pay a taxi to drive me to work?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    if living in a southern part would it better to get a hire a driver or pay a taxi to drive me to work?

Hire a driver. Search on the forum and you can find where we’ve talked about drivers and posted phone numbers.

Participant
    Quote:
    Thanks for the heads up on the apartment in the area I would very interested if it was still available.

I am sorry to say that the apartment is not available, they renewed the contract with the current tenant one month ago ! Good luck finding one !

Participant
    Quote:
    Thanks for the heads up on the apartment in the area I would very interested if it was still available.

thanks for the heads up.

Participant
    Quote:
    Hire a driver. Search on the forum and you can find where we’ve talked about drivers and posted phone numbers.

I did a search on the forum but nothing came up, do any of you have any experience on how much it would cost to hire a driver?

Participant

welcome to Chengdu

Participant

I think there is a brand new apartment for rent in the western part of the city. rental price is about 3500+ a month.

if interested, I can try to get you more info.

Participant
    Quote:
    I think there is a brand new apartment for rent in the western part of the city. rental price is about 3500+ a month.

I am actually looking something with a small yard for my dog, if I could find an apartment with a rooftop garden or some sort of a large balcony with some green grass for my dog to go on. I will not be able to take him out for walks as he is a big dog and he is very afraid of buses, trucks and crowds.

Participant

thanks for making me feel broke.

Participant

why are villas so high up in price? I am looking for even a townhouse as long as there is a yard for my dog which is very important.

Participant

dude. you’re not getting a yard for the dog in china.

Participant

does anyone know what the income tax situation is in china? what is the tax percentage taken out for expats?

Participant
    Quote:
    …as he is a big dog and he is very afraid of buses, trucks and crowds.

I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this a serious thread or an exercise in irony?

Participant

no really true, I have a golden retriever who hates being around buses and busy streets. he like to run in a yard.

Participant

Best advice.. Get over here and find out. No one can give you the minute detail of ‘this house has 2039 acres and great for pets, it also allows happy and private drivers to do your bidding.’

Theres a saying, plans hardly ever work out. Just accept what you can get.

Participant

Actually wanted to educate myself as much as possible, to prepare myself for the move.

Aaron, you’ll find most people here willing to help out, but you should do some homework yourself. Some of the questions posted you should really have answers to if the company offering you employment is half way serious. Do you have someone within the firm liaising with you on the move to Chengdu?

Meanwhile, check out this article.

Participant

actually I do have someone but I was looking into doing some research myself as I wanna see what other peoples experiences are.

Participant

anyway thanks for all the info I will no longer ask anything else as I have gotten the info I am looking for

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.