Working out in Chengdu (Fitness/Powergym)

HomeForumsIn ChengduWorking out in Chengdu (Fitness/Powergym)

• This topic has 134 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photocoryg.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • Author

I’m looking forward to Fall season then, because I sweat baaaaaalls when I’m biking around.

I literally have to rinse off in the shower right away, every time I get home.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m looking forward to Fall season then, because I sweat baaaaaalls when I’m biking around.

Yeah, the heat isn’t really the issue as much as the humidity. Instant sweat when you go outside in the month of August, this is pretty much reliably every year.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Yeah, the heat isn’t really the issue as much as the humidity. Instant sweat when you go outside in the month of August, this is pretty much reliably every year in Chengdu. Winter feels much colder than it actually is because of the humidity also.

Participant

No man, TigerKuma’s at KG/Miracle, above trustmart on yihuan lu. Yeah, we get one open air-con vent. This morning, 50 minute cardio/lower body workout: almost 3 litres of water, 2 full size towels drenched.

They have the “no shirtless policy” so I am one disgusting, sweat-soaked disgrace.

@Hilaryclinton: gym fees like everything are absolutely open to bargaining. I pay 800 for 6 months, went down from about 1000 with little resistance. If only they’d splash out on Air-con a little….

Keymaster

3 liters of water, good lord. Do they at least have fans in there?

Too many sweaty balls in this thread already.

Participant

No fans. I offered the guy 20 kuai yesterday to turn the AC on. Like i said, Groundhog Day. Same thing every day….At least they have free water…

Participant

Are there any gyms in Chengdu that cost 1000-1300 yuan for a year membership?

Keymaster

I’m not sure what the exact price will be, but I think universities are your best best for cheap gym access. Sichuan University is the first one I’d check out. All of the other facilities there are pretty good and inexpensive (basketball, ping pong, swimming, etc).

Participant

Is Sichuan located in the east of CD?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Is Sichuan located in the east of CD?

Yeah it is, in the Southeast along Kehua Beilu.

Participant

Sweet! Hopefully i can get a membership at Sichuan University. Might need a gym when i get there.

Participant

Sichuan gym is quite cheap if you’re a student or teacher, but if not, it’s only a few hundred kuai cheaper than private gyms (of course, you gotta bargain the price down). I went to Sichuan uni gym for about 3 years and its OK, but its VERY basic (no showers, basic free weights and machines). If youre gonna go in the mornings its fine, but afternoon and evening can be insanely packed. Most of the guys not using the equipment, just sitting around or staring into the mirrors. Got kinda sick of asking “are you using this?”…

Participant

Thanks! I’ll check out Sichuan U. I don’t need anything fancy, just some machines and weights. I think I can handle the crowds for a lower price.

Participant

Gym with no showers? Shoot me now.

Quote:
    Are there any gyms in Chengdu that cost 1000-1300 yuan for a year membership?”

I went to a gym near the southwest minority university when I lived over there, and it was like 900rmb/yr at that time. It may be similar. They usually run deals for annual memberships.. and you can negotiate on top of that. I can’t remember the exact name or shops nearby..but it’s at the main square nearby southwest minority uni at a |- intersection. I think it’s a chain actually..and it was pretty big, with showers, and always had a couple fans on. The problem is the fans were pretty sparse, so while they’re powerful, you can only really feel it if you go stand directly below it.

Participant

@Hilary Clinton get a job son we can sign up for New Orient together. Until then find yourself a mouse. It is gaming night.

Participant

@Rick That sounds great! I’ll check it out. Thanks!

@Elias Erryday I’m hustlin’. Ron just went out to buy some mice – the better to out-micro you with, my dear.

Participant

@Charlie never heard of reddit although I’m a pretty geeky fella when it comes to the interwebs and stuff, but I’ll check it out anyway 🙂

Keymaster

That image you posted is originally from Reddit, here’s some info: Reddit on Wikipedia

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.