World Cup Brazil in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWorld Cup Brazil in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Where is the best Spot to hang out and see, some game of the world cup Brazil in Chengdu arround a beer and pub ?!

Thank you .

Participant

I’m interested if any places will be having outdoor screens for viewing the games. I don’t wanna be indoors in this weather, and outdoor environment was great last time.
    Failing this, I may have to pay my Chinese TV fee to watch on CCTV5. Got two nice flat screen TV’s courtesy of my landlord…. still wrapped in plastic 3 years later 🙂

Keymaster

There will be a ton of outdoor bars playing World Cup outside, it won’t be difficult to find a place. One popular place that I went to during the last World Cup was the Lotus bar inside Jinli. They have a big outdoor courtyard and they serve draft beer.

Participant

Best place i found last time was a huge tent in front of Sichuan gymnasium. Cheap beer, insanely good shao kao, really big screen, lotsa drunk locals rooting for Japan to lose….great atmosphere even at 3 AM

Participant

The Leg and Whistle

Participant

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

you can change to location time

1st week

midnight , 3am, 4am, 6am, and 9am kick offs

2nd week

All midnight and 4am

Participant

Agree with Ian, Leg and Whistle. Real football fans, English commentary no pumping pop music in the background.

Keymaster

The Beer Nest is showing games as well at their location near the US Consulate

Participant

The thing about the Beernest is, it get’s HOT when there’s people rammed into those caves on the ground floor and above, even with the air-con blaring.

Keymaster

The thing about the Beernest is, it get’s HOT when there’s people rammed into those caves on the ground floor and above, even with the air-con blaring.

Hopefully they’ll have a projector and show the games outside. That’s the only way to do it in this heat.

Also, the place where Here We Go had their Strawberry after party last weekend will be showing all the World Cup Games also, on that rooftop.

Participant

I was going off of “Live on big screens!”, though maybe Dieter can be persuaded. The HWG rooftop party rooftop sounds awesome though. Apparently I missed both of these unmissable rooftop parties last weekend.

Participant

Hi and thanks for mentioning The Beer Nest Charlie.

We will have 2 big screens (Bar area & down) & a big TV upstairs, showing all midnight games & no problem for 3/4am ones if a big group notifies us in advance. The airco down indeed isn’t enough 给力; will have a worker check it.

There will be a special World Cup event with 5 free beers to obtain after most of the matches + a free 30 liter Belgium import beer keg for one of the earlier winners in the final [more info soon].

A screen outside would indeed be awesome, though unfortunately not possible cause of noise reasons.

Cheers!

Participant

And the Amitha in Lan Kwai Fong, they got a outdoor balcony with the big screen, good service and place to watch world cup tho.

Participant

The CIFL are running a world cup prediction competition. Last time there was over 2000 rmb in the pot. It’s only 50rmb to enter and a good way to make the tournament more interesting. If you want to play please get in touch.

Your Entry Form, should you wish to enter, can be found in the attached spreadsheet.

(See attached file: CIFL World Cup 2014 Entry Form.xls)

INSTRUCTIONS:

> Enter your predictions on the Entry Form for the group matches by selecting the outcome from the dropdown list. You may need to zoom in first. See the example sheet if you are unsure.

> Predict the teams that progress to the Last Sixteen, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final. For the Semi finals and Final you will have to type in the name of the team.

> Please make sure that the teams you choose to progress are true to the results you have predicted. for example, if you have Brazil winning all three group games, you must have them winning the group. If you have a team going out in the group stage you cannot place them in the Semi Final. I will be checking but this is your responsibility. If you make a mistake you will not get the points. No money will be refunded.

> Predict the minute of the first goal scored in the final.

> Before submitting your entry, ensure all the white boxes on the sheet are filled in correctly, including your name.

> Please email your entry to [email protected] before 8PM on Thursday 12th June.

> Please pay your 50 RMB entry fee by Friday the 20th June.

RULES:

> Points are awarded for each successful prediction.
    > The winner is the person with the highest points total at the end of the tournament.
    > In the event of a tie, the person closest to predicting the minute of the first goal scored in the final is the winner.
    > Entry fee is 50 RMB (You can submit as many entries as you wish).
    > All Entries must be submitted via email, no paper entries will be entertained.
    > As the first game is 12th June the closing date for receipt of entries is Thursday 12th June at 8pm.
    > The Judge’s decision is final.

SCORING:

> Group Matches 3 points for predicting each correct result.

> Quarter Final 5 points for predicting each team qualifying for the quarter finals.
    5 bonus points for predicting the correct winner or runner up from each group.

> Semi Final 10 points for predicting each team qualifying for the semi finals.

> Final 10 points for predicting each team qualifying for the final.

> Winner 10 points for predicting the winner.

We will be keeping everybody informed of their overall standings as the tournament progresses.

PRIZES:

All entry fees collected will be given out as prizes.

1st 50%
    2nd 30%
    3rd 10%

Predicting minute of 1st Goal in Final 10%

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

The CIFL are running a world cup prediction competition. Last time there was over 2000 rmb in the pot. It’s only 50rmb to enter and a good way to make the tournament more interesting. If you want to play please get in touch.

This is a great idea, I’m in. I will fill this out and email it to you.

edit: sent

Participant

Got it, thanks Charlie. Just give me the cash next time you see me.

Participant

We’ll try to regularly update the leader board for the predictions.

Eli, fancy making any bets? 😉

Participant

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-stream-the-world-cup/
    I might try the BBC option using my VPN with a UK server….

Participant

How about the 6am games? I know it’s a horrendous time.. but is anyone aware of any places that will be open? I had CCTV 5 on the other day and whilst it showed some upcoming match times, I didn’t see what I was looking for (namely Australia v Chile 6am this Saturday..).

Participant

for 3/4am ones if a big group notifies us in advance

Dieter, do you think you’ll stay open for Holland-Spain Friday night at 3:00? I’ll come with 4-5 people, which is not a big group, but I’d think there would be more interest of others for this match

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.