Zebra Music Festival 2014

HomeForumsIn ChengduZebra Music Festival 2014

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

After being cancelled (twice?) last year, Zebra Music Festival appears to be back this year in Chengdu. Or, at the least, it has not been cancelled yet. The lineup hasn’t been released yet but the event is scheduled for May 1st – May 3rd.

Apparently this is a 5-year Zebra Music Festival anniversary celebration, which is what they planned for last year (with the big “Give Me 5” angle on the poster).

I will post more info here when I have it.

Who’s interested in going? It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Zebra (couldn’t make the last one) but I have good memories from a few Zebra events in particular.

Participant

Whats the festival all about?

Participant

Meh.  I heard the Dojo anniversary party will be better.

Besides, there’s a real chance that the Dojo party will actually happen.  Can’t say that for Zebra…

Participant

looking forward to it…but not sure if its gonna happen..since last year already bought the ticket and they cancelled ….–

anyway from where do u heard this news? charlie.

Keymaster

Whats the festival all about?

It’s a Chinese music festival, but it’s become famous for being a no-show (as in, being cancelled). It’s too bad because 4-5 years ago it was a regularly annual event that was a lot of fun, even if it had underwhelming headliners (Chinese pop stars). The venue was good and the weather was almost always great. Even one time when it rained really hard we had a blast at Zebra.

looking forward to it…but not sure if its gonna happen..since last year already bought the ticket and they cancelled ….– anyway from where do u heard this news? charlie.

I heard this from a band that was booked to play. I haven’t heard any news about Zebra since posting this, though. It would be nice but it’s probably best to not get your hopes up.

Participant

Tickets – Presale/ Door
    *1/5: RMB 50/ RMB 80
    *2/5: RMB 100/ RMB 120
    *3/5: RMB 100/ RMB 120

3 Day combo ticket: RMB 200/ RMB 240

This year, ZMF will remain Earth Stage (main stage) and Sky Stage (emerging bands and artists) and Sunshine Stage (for talented children).

First press release with info: http://www.chengdubeer.com/events/2014-chengdu-zebra-music-festival

2014 Chengdu Zebra Music Festival

Participant

This looks pretty shit to be honest. The 2nd stage was good the first 2 years but since then it’s been worse than terrible, half of the time with no music and the other half with 5 friends of the band trying not to look bored. No electronic music area this year… If their main stage line up is as poor as previous times then the only thing to look forward to is sitting on some grass drinking beer.

Strawberry Festival is coming to Chengdu in May too (Dragon Boat weekend). I’m hoping that’ll be much better.

Participant

Panda poster for Zebra Festival. Awesome way to localize this.

This looks awful.

Participant

Same old line up I suppose?

Proximity, Stolen, Hi Person, Mosiac etc etc etc

Participant

Besides, there’s a real chance that the Dojo party will actually happen.  Can’t say that for Zebra…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Keymaster

lol cancelled, as expected. If anything, at least Zebra is reliable.

Participant

sorry to bring this news…but it got delayed …..god know when…ughhhhhh…….but i heard the strawberry is coming …

Keymaster

sorry to bring this news…but it got delayed …..god know when…ughhhhhh…….but i heard the strawberry is coming …

Strawberry is coming, the weekend of June 1st. I haven’t seen the full lineup yet but Oshi is managing a stage for The Drop, the Beijing bass music crew.

Participant

Strawberry is coming, the weekend of June 1st. I haven’t seen the full lineup yet but Oshi is managing a stage for The Drop, the Beijing bass music crew.

thats an exciting news…thank u..lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.