In this episode of the podcast I have a conversation with Phil, one half of the Chengdu-based Chinese language program called Mandarin Blueprint. Our conversation covers many areas of language acquisition, in both formal and informal settings, and includes a ton of useful tips for Chinese learners in particular. Phil speaks tremendous Chinese and has, with his business partner Luke, created a comprehensive program for guiding students online and in Chengdu toward mastery in Chinese.
- How Phil was the first recipient of Chengdu’s entrepreneurship visa
- The shortcomings of studying Chinese in a Chinese university
- Rapidly acquiring elite-level Chinese to pass HSK 6
- The Mandarin Blueprint ideology which Phil promotes
- The “Heisig Method”, memory palaces, and more language acquisition tricks
- Tools & resources for advancing your learning
- Phil’s daily routine for improving his Chinese
Download & Stream Links
Note: this podcast has chapters which you can use to navigate to different topics in the conversation. These will appear only if you are listening to the podcast app which supports chapters. If you are using an iPhone, we suggest Overcast which is a free download.
Or click below to listen to the podcast now through your browser.
You can also search for the podcast in your favorite podcasting app (ours is Overcast, which we highly recommend for iPhone users).
Mandarin Blueprint’s Hanzi Movie Method
For a limited time, Mandarin Blueprint is offering a deep discount on their “Hanzi Movie Method” program. Scan the QR code in the image below to learn more or sign up for the two week course at the limited-time 50% discount rate.