Happy Valentine’s day! We just recorded a 35-minute podcast about love and dating in China which is available below. In this episode we talk about how dating works in China, where to meet people, and hear about the tale of an expat American girl’s experience on China’s largest dating show.
Discussed in this podcast:
- Where do you meet people in Chengdu?
- Meeting people at nightlife venues
- Why Lana is famous on Weibo
- Does being on China’s biggest dating show help your love life?
- How do dating shows in China work?
- Romantic emails from fans seeking white women in China
- How does dating work as a single expat in Chengdu?
- Dating expats versus dating Chinese people in China
- What’s dating in China like compared to being in your home country?
- How do you get onto China’s biggest dating show, Feichenwurao?
- How common is plastic surgery in China?
- What do locals expect of spouses that expats do not?
- What’s the history of foot binding in China?
- Dating advice for expats
Download & Stream Links
Or click below to listen to the podcast now through your browser.
You can also search for the podcast in your favorite podcasting app (mine is Overcast, which I highly recommend for iPhone users).
If you have any comments or feedback on this podcast or on topics you’d like us to discuss in the future, leave a comment below. If you enjoy the podcast, please share it! We look forward to recording more of these and continuing to chronicle and share the story of life in Chengdu.