In this episode I’m joined by Andrew Derry: Canadian powerlifter, jiu jitsu student and coach, and all-around paragon of health. Hailing from Calgary, Andrew recently hosted the largest powerlifting event in Chengdu’s history, and in preparation for his trip to Los Angeles next month to compete internationally, he shares insight into his training, routine, and lifestyle in Chengdu. If you’re interested in strength training, martial arts, and healthy living in Chengdu, this is the episode to listen to.
Stream This Episode Below
Or download this episode here: Download Podcast Episode #32
- Development of the fitness lifestyle in Chengdu
- Strength training, weight lifting, and performance
- The best gyms in the city
- Diet, food in China, and what’s available at local markets
- Creating the Chengdu Powerlifting Federation
- Training and teaching Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- The importance of sleep
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Chengdu Podcast Episode
- Calgary Barbell on Youtube
- B-Active Gym
- Chengdu BJJ Academy
You can also search for the podcast in your favorite podcasting app. If you enjoy the podcast, please share and spread the word. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and subscribe to the podcast to stay up to date with Chengdu Living content.