There’s nothing from Sichuan that has had quite the cultural impact that the food has. Known globally and represented virtually everywhere on the planet, Sichuan often dominates discussions about Chinese cuisine (and in our opinion, for good reason).
In this episode of the podcast, I have a discussion about Sichuan food with Jordan, founder of Chengdu Food Tours. For several years Jordan has been working full-time on promoting his tour company, guiding visitors from around the world through the ins and outs (and what have you’s) of Sichuan cuisine. Partnered with the daughter of a local hot pot mogul, Jordan is knowledgeable on Chengdu’s local food scene and enthusiastic about sharing it with others.
- How Jordan was introduced to Sichuan food and got started with Chengdu Food Tours
- Staples of Sichuan cuisine and lesser-known items to check out
- Sichuan food abroad, how it’s interpreted overseas and prepared differently
- Spiciness and Sichuan food: how hot is it, really?
- Anthony Bourdain in Chengdu and the effect his massively popular show has had
- Dissecting the panoply of Sichuan cuisine
- Baijiu Club
Download & Stream Links
Note: this podcast has chapters which you can use to navigate to different topics in the conversation. These will appear only if you are listening to the podcast app which supports chapters. If you are using an iPhone, we suggest Overcast which is a free download.
Or click below to listen to the podcast now through your browser.
You can also search for the podcast in your favorite podcasting app (ours is Overcast, which we highly recommend for iPhone users).