Looking for Culture Exchange Places?

HomeForumsIn ChengduLooking for Culture Exchange Places?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I am a Chinese guy, used to have many foreign friends but now they all back to their own country, currently I work in a foreign company but my supervisor and colleague are mostly Chinese and don’t speak English. I am kind of feel like something is lost in my life. So I am looking for this kind of place or group, any thing going on in this city?

Keymaster

Hi Jason (with abs),

I would check out Chengdu Places, it has a list of bars and clubs to check out. All of them are expat friendly and many are very popular with expats. Good luck!

Participant

Hi Charlie

Thank you.

Participant

If you like the booze (and find inebriated people charming) then there are few better places to encounter westerners than Commune Bar on a Friday or Saturday night. I’d say the ratio is 2;1 of westerners to Chinese.

Commune is on lingshiguanlu, between Poly Centre and ATT KTV. It’s the old McDonalds, if you knew where that was.

Participant

Come to WExpress Toastmaster Club every Saturday afternoon @6F Kexuejiayuan Hotel, Renmin South RD. Here you could meet a group of people who are passionate about public speaking in English, though most of them are Chinese, they speak good English.  If you are interested in, just come have a look. Saturday afternoon, on 2:30 pm.

Participant

Thank you guys, those information is very helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.