Baseball Baseball Baseball!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBaseball Baseball Baseball!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Calling all Americans, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean baseball heads out there! I’m looking for some people to play catch with or some information regarding organized baseball in Chengdu.

Hit me up on WeChat if you wanna throw some balls and knock back a couple beers.

Or if anyone wants to check out a CBL game with me that would be dope too.

WeChat: jhulifan

Participant

I know of several Universities that have started baseball clubs/teams. I’m not in country currently, but  that could be fun to go out and throw around with some newbs and teach some fundamentals.

Participant

Which universities exactly? Yeah I’m down to throw around with anyone really.

Participant

Bumping in case anyone else out there is interested. I just brought my glove back from the states…I’ll hit you up on wechat.

Keymaster

Are there baseball diamonds in Chengdu? Where do you play?

Participant

I got on the googles and found that there is/was a group of locals that played here fairly recently. Trying to track them down… http://chinesebangqiu.blogspot.kr/2015/01/chengdu-skyforce-baseball-club.html

I would love to get some rec-league baseball or preferably softball going. Jhulifan and I are just going to go throw around at Sichuan U this afternoon. I haven’t seen a real field since I’ve been here.

Keymaster

I got on the googles and found that there is/was a group of locals that played here fairly recently. Trying to track them down… http://chinesebangqiu.blogspot.kr/2015/01/chengdu-skyforce-baseball-club.html I would love to get some rec-league baseball or preferably softball going. Jhulifan and I are just going to go throw around at Sichuan U this afternoon. I haven’t seen a real field since I’ve been here.

I looked this up on Baidu and it seems like there is a baseball stadium at the 金牛体育中心. I haven’t been there before but it looks like it’s in the northwest.

Participant

I checked out the baseball field when I first got here.  It is in the northwest and was (as of last October) in reasonable shape.   It kind of reminds me of a minor league / college park that would hold about 3-4,000 people.  I am too old to play anymore (maybe senior slowpitch softball), but if you get anything together I could umpire.  Prior to moving to Chengdu I was umpiring 80-110 games a year of fast pitch softball at the rec, high school, juco and club level in Florida.   The basic rules of baseball and fastpitch softball are the same.  I would freely offer my services just to get back into the game.

Participant

I’m moving to Chengdu in a month.  I’ll bring my mitt and hit ya up.  I haven’t thrown in quite awhile so that sounds great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.