British Embassy in Beijing

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBritish Embassy in Beijing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does any one know an Entry Clearance Officer who works in the British Embassy visa department in Beijing?

I urgently want to speak to someone there about my wife’s UK visa application. Its not to get preferential treatment, simply to set up a time in Beijing with them next week to run through the case. My wife and I would travel from Chengdu.

Participant

Richard do you have wechat? If so join the group Brits in Chengdu. The warden for the Chongqing consulate is a member….

Richard do you have wechat? If so join the group Brits in Chengdu. The warden for the Chongqing consulate is a member….

Graham is also active on forums.  I doubt there is much he can do though. They are quite strict on following official procedure for visa applications.

Participant

I’m here Richard. I am the Consular Warden for Chengdu – which means I can try to pass information on to the Consulate, especially after hours. Happy if you want to pm me here and I will try to do what I can. I take it you have not joined Wechat as I didn’t see any correspondence on Brits In Chengdu. If you are and want to contact me directly my Wechat id is Spannerman0162.

Participant

I can say now though that there is very little chance of connecting you with an Entry Clearance officer. Consular activities are kept separate from visas completely these days. But I will make enquiries if you can fill me in with some outline information.

Participant

This question also triggered something else, which I also just posted on the Brits In Chengdu group for information and may apply to citizens of other countries too: “It concerns British citizens who have spent time overseas (China in this case) then return to the UK and wish to find work. In some cases your new employer will ask for a Criminal Record Check from your previous host country. For us this can only be obtained from the PSB and has to be done in person. I am currently trying to assist one person who has returned to the UK and has discovered this problem. So please keep this in mind when its time to go home. There is a service in Beijing who can help remotely, if you lived there, but so far I have not found anyone here to do it. In Chengdu the PSB currently insist on the the requestor of such a check physically being present. There’s some information on this in the Living in China guide: https://www.gov.uk/living-in-china – see the second half of the Criminal Record Checks section.” If anyone on this forum knows of a Chengdu based service to help those already returned from China, please let me know.

Participant

Hi Ben, Ian and Graham: many thanks for the advice. Actually this afternoon the British embassy finally got in contact with us by phone. This was after I had sent multiple e-mails. Even when they call you, they won’t give an extension number or contact name of the person dealing with the case. All very anonymous. Not like 10 years ago where I could just roll up at the embassy and discuss the case directly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.