Chengdu Places is Looking for Contributors

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Places is Looking for Contributors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ChengduPlaces.com is looking for an explorer and writer to find and document the finest establishments in Chengdu.

What Is Chengdu Places?

Chengdu Places is a curated repository of the best eateries, businesses, and places of interest in Chengdu. It is operated and organized by the Chengdu Living team.

Who Are We Looking For?

Chengdu Places is looking for an explorer, photographer, and writer who can find, document, and describe Chengdu’s best establishments. Owning a nice camera is a big plus, but not required to enquire about this position. Experience with WordPress and Photoshop also preferred, but not required. We want someone who can commit to creating 2 posts a week with little to no assistance for at least 6 months.

What Can We Offer You?

In addition to bringing you into the Chengdu Living fold, we’re offering a free year of VPN service to whoever fills this position.

How to Apply 

Please familiarize yourself with the Chengdu Places format, then send us an e-mail at [email protected] including:

• A brief personal description
    • What you are currently doing in Chengdu
    • The potential length of your commitment
    • Your relevant experience and links to related work

Please do NOT include your resume or any attachments. We just want to get a feeling for who you are, what you do, and why you’re a good fit. We will contact you regarding follow-ups as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!

Participant

if your looking for someone to go to crap places and then tell other people that the places are crap, i can probabily do that

Keymaster

To fill in just a bit more information to what Dan has already said: all of the places currently on the site were added by myself and a few other people, most of whom have left the city. But the process of seeking out and discovering new places in Chengdu has been a very enjoyable and gratifying one. It forces you to get out of your comfort zone, try new things, and help promote and bring greater awareness to the coolest places in the city.

if your looking for someone to go to crap places and then tell other people that the places are crap, i can probabily do that

We are looking for precisely the opposite of this.

Keymaster

A handful of awesome people have already responded to this (thanks!), so I will un-sticky this post.

Participant

Is it possible to just submit articles for publication?   I can’t really write on a weekly basis, but I wouldn’t mind laying out some features about the city (province, country, region) from time to time.

Keymaster

Is it possible to just submit articles for publication? I can’t really write on a weekly basis, but I wouldn’t mind laying out some features about the city (province, country, region) from time to time.

Do you mean for Chengdu Living, the blog? Yes, absolutely, shoot us an email at [email protected]

This post was created to find contributors for Chengdu Places specifically – discovering and mapping out new places in Chengdu.

Participant

Ok, thanks Charlie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.