Anyone Played Chinese PS4 Games?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnyone Played Chinese PS4 Games?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m curious if anyone has bought any China-region PS4 games since the console’s launch here last year. They’re sometimes a fair bit cheaper than the digital North American versions, and according to my Chinese coworkers they’ll work fine on non-Chinese PS4s (most of them have Japanese or HK models from before it was released here).

My question is about the language, most say voice acting is in English or Japanese depending on the game’s origin, but I’m curious if the menus/game text will change based on your system’s language like normal PS4 games. I’ve noticed a lot of recent games like Gravity Rush and Ratchet and Clank have “英文” under “字幕“ on the back, but I’m skeptical.

If no one knows I’ll probably bite the bullet and just get one to try it out, but just curious if anyone has experience with these.

Participant

Do you have a PS4 now? You can buy a HK version in Chengdu for like 2200 yuan. I just got dark souls for my HK ps4 (in the store, not a digital copy) and the whole box was in chinese, with 英文 listed under languages and the whole game is in english. No issues at all so far. And you can buy HK psn credit on taobao

Participant

Yeah, I’ve had my Japanese PS4 for a while now. Dark Souls 3 only has had a HK/TW Chinese-language release so far, and those almost always have English. I was talking about mainland Chinese releases which are kind of few and far between for newer stuff. There was a big fiasco about the mainland Chinese stuff all being region locked on the PS4’s release here, so I was worried it’d be somehow altered or changed.

On that, I just went in and picked up the game I was curious about today anyway, and it’s pretty much the same where it just runs based on the system language. Will probably depend on the game but seems like there’s no issues with CN versions.

Participant

Yeah I’m also pretty sure that the stores in CD would have HK releases as well for games, or at least you can get them online/download via PSN. I’ve just heard bad stuff about the Chinese region PS4 games/console in general

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.