Health Examination & Illegal Drugs

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHealth Examination & Illegal Drugs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

Can anybody tell me, maybe from experience, if the regular health examination for foreigners includes scanning for use of illegal drugs?

Let’s say I have a friend who has been asked, out of the blue, to do that examination within a few days.

Let’s say that friend just smoked some herbals yesterday. The smoking of these herbs will be traceable in blood and urine for quite some time.

Otherwise perfectly healthy, this friend is now concerned he might “fail” the health examinations.

Are his worries out of place or should he try to postpone the examination for as long as possible?

Thanks in advance for any insights on this topic!

Participant

Your friend seems a bit paranoid to me.I’m not really surprised though, because – and I don’t want to alarm you here – judging from what you are telling us about him I’m suspecting he might be addicted to marijuana!

Think about it! If they were screening for that so many people would get refused here in Chengdu.

Participant

AFAIK they do 4 bloodtests one of which can show presence of some drugs, alone with urine test which can show some more.

Now, whether or not they will be investigating that is anybody’s guess.

I’d take a week off and then go, China is very unkind to drug users.

Participant

Ask for same day results and pray they are lazy…

Keymaster

I think they only check for diseases, not drugs. I could be mistaken, but I have never heard of anyone ever getting caught for drug use in this way.

They don’t check for MJ in normal health inspections (the ones for visas). That’s all I know. You will probably be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.