i2 Education: Warning

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment Rentalsi2 Education: Warning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just to let people know, i2 education are undergoing several drastic changes designed to screw over their teachers.

They have completely changed all teachers schedules in order to make them stay in school for 40+hrs per week. Now I realize this doesn’t sound too crazy but when your contract is 22 teaching hours it’s too much. This is without any extra pay.

They have changed all class times from 45 minutes to 40. Again 5 minutes doesn’t sound like much but this has been done to squeeze more classes out of teachers.

My foreign campus manager was always under pressure from the company to implement changes with zero training or advise. Often we would be told new rules which we had no idea whatsoever about.

This month all teachers were paid 2 days late with no explanation or apology from the company. i know many teachers who suffered due to lack of finance over these 2 days.

I didn’t work in the company for as long as others but what i saw was total incompetence from some Chinese staff and teachers being constantly inconvenienced. They were forced to change their schedules daily in order to please parents.

I witnessed a huge turnover in staff during my time at i2 as so many employees (foreign and Chinese) were pissed. The company are always fining staff for little things and always changing their policies.

I know it’s a negative post, just wanted to give a heads up on the situation over there. Things are up in the air and it seems a lot of guys are unhappy

Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up. Over the years I have heard a lot of negative things about i2 (some of which have been posted here). Good luck, be careful when dealing with English teaching schools in Chengdu.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.