Learning Martial Arts in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLearning Martial Arts in Chengdu

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I found a place that is training muay thai: Muay Thai in Chengdu

Hello,

I am an American thinking of moving to Chengdu. I have been studying Japanese Shito-Ryu for about 30 yrs along with Shensei-Hapkido.

Do you think there would be interest in karate if I were to move there? My instructor is third generation from Kenwa Mubuni, the founder of Shito-Ryu.

By the way…..there is no such style called: Mugen Ryu.

Participant

@Michael

There is a seemingly small interest in martial arts/fight training here. I think it would really come down to whether you had the funds to open your own studio or were expecting to rent a studio part time. If you had the funds to rent your own studio, several other people would likely want to rent space during times from you, which would subsidize your costs. The real issue I see is marketing – I see very little (in fact I’ve never seen) marketing material towards any type of fighting/martial art training and that may be why it’s seemingly not so popular.

Some people just make up their own styles, there certainly could be “Mugen Ryu”, it just isn’t recognized by any serious karate federation 😀

Participant

Judo gym?

Participant

There’s Judo gyms all over the place, Frederico, several on the larger thoroughfares, so that shouldn’t be hard to dig up.

There’s also a very good Muay Thai gym, which throws in a fair bit of Sanda for the fun of it located just behind Bar Street along from the East Gate of Chuan Da.

The address is:

诺巴特泰拳馆

致民路23号

The club has classes daily at 8pm and sometimes afternoon classes at 4pm (Wednesdays definite, but can’t remember the others). There is also a regular (I think, never been, to my own frustration) sparring class on Sundays.

Participant

Really have many Judo Gym? it’s a news for me… someone tried and suggests some place? thank you…

Participant

For Judo(柔道) gym:

GYM

Participant

Did you find a place to practice Judo Federico?

I could be tempted to get back on the mat……

Participant

Hello All,

I really like to learn Chinese martial arts. I don’t have any previous experience in any of these arts. So i don’t know which is good for me. So could you please give your suggestions.

About me : Im from India, staying near to Sichuan University with my family.
    working near to Wenshu Monastery. I am 6 feet 83kg.
    For what : for mental relaxation, to improve my self confidence, healthy fit.

please help me to find a nice place. is it possible whether i can learn this in the weekends ? or early morning in week days ?

Thanks in advance

Participant

If you are staying in Chengdu and would like to learn some Muay Thai I have the contact details of one of Thailand’s top internationally known fighters.

I can say from my own experience that you only will not only see fantastic results in fitness, but you will be learning the authentic way of Thai fighting.

He has the option of choosing from:
    Half-Hour Sessions & One-Hour Sessions
    Group personals are available with maximum 3 people at a time.

Please contact Mel for further details:
    WeChat: melindadean88
    Ph: (+86) 15202895290
    E:[email protected]

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.