Let's Form a Garage Rock / Post Punk Band!

HomeForumsIn ChengduLet's Form a Garage Rock / Post Punk Band!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all,I have recently arrived in chengdu (from a neighbouring city) and would like to form/ join a post punk/ garage rock/ whatever band.

Basically play loud and fast(ish), songs dont have to be complex,so any instrumental skill level will be fine!

As a reference im going to use ‘the horrors’ song -‘sheena is a parasite’; which has a simple bassline, drums and generally a short song length

Essentially we could have say a minimal lineup, based on if anyone is interested and work around that with adrum machine/ backing track etc.

if you are interested please can you reply with what you can play

Participant

[sorry for double post, cant work out how to edit/ delete thread…]

On second thoughts, its probably just going to be easier for me to join a  pre-existing band….

so… anyone looking for a synth player for their band?, im no keynius though….

equipment wise i have a microkorg, sampler, mic

again i wont be able to reply for about 10 or so days

Participant

Wish I had the time to play music.  This city could use a little more punk rock!

Participant

Hey,

I’m moving to Chengdu in 2 weeks and will be staying for probably a year. I’m mainly a drummer but can also play bass and know my way around samplers/ableton.

Starting a band would be ace. I’m pretty well versed in post punk. Here is an example of me playing:

I’m trying to convince my girlfriend to play percussion or synth so it might be a 2 for 1 deal.

Participant

Nice tune. Cool bass line..

Participant

Ha… well… I guess I’m definitely a generation or two older than you guys…. I keep thinking what Chengdu needs is a good classic rock club. I’m actually thinking of offering my services to a couple of clubs (I was a disc jockey from 1977 to 1988) just to be able to hear some decent classic rock (instead of the cover tunes by unknown bands I seem to hear anywhere).

But… any decent music would be good to hear. Let us know if you get this going and where you’re playing 😉 .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.