Moving to Chengdu Soon, Looking for Roommate

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsMoving to Chengdu Soon, Looking for Roommate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all,

I am an Indian moving to Chengdu during late February/early March

I am looking out for an apartment somewhere near downtown and heard the rents are a bomb there, so it would be great if anybody is ready to share an apartment or if there are vacant rooms in your apartment so that I can move in.

And I would be happy to join my fellow Indian expats working in Chengdu on long term assignments… (just a preference, not insisting,,,,any nationality , I am OK)

Anyways, bottom-line: I do not want to stay alone and feel home-sick , so I would be happy to have company…

Participant

Is your company located downtown? I don’t know many people who live downtown so to speak, but lots of expats live in the south between 1st/2nd ring road as well as farther south towards software park – aside from work, there isn’t a huge motivation to live downtown in my opinion 😀 when picking area, what’s your goal?

I’ve seen some postings looking for roommates here recently, suggest contacting those posters too..

Participant

Hey Rick,

My company is located in Hezuo Road (far far away from downtown)

I am looking for a good area which is clean,lively and close to all the HotSpots of the city where I can find a lot of expats…

You said South and software park, please let me know the name of the locality..

Participant

Is that.. um, in PiXian? That’s a LONG COMMUTE from Chengdu 😀 Rough, because, PiXian – while being heavily developed, is pretty remote, only reason I go there is traffic police ish and passing through to qingcheng mountain!

That being said, most expats favour the south between 1st/2nd ring like I mentioned. Typically you can get a reasonable apartment by yourself for around 2000rmb/month in that area, maybe near SiChuan University. Lots of expats around and lots of foreign bars/restaurants in the area, relatively convenient travel (subway/etc) and lively enough to keep you busy. But, like I mentioned, if your Hezou Road is in PiXian, and you go to work every day, that is *ROUGH* buddy. I hate to say it but you may need to go far west _at least_, and more likely, just bite the bullet and live in PiXian during weekdays and find a way to stay in Chengdu on weekends or something.

Participant

Hey Rick,

Yup, Pixian it is 🙁

And yes, I am ok with the long commutes (takes around 40mins to 1hr)

Thanks alot for your suggestion, I would look out for apartments at the places you suggested and this forum is THE place I guess where I can land myself a good deal of a n apartment !!

Participant

Ok – if it’s the PiXian place, then you should also consider up near Qing Tai Lu. It’s got some bars and expats (lots of Portuguese and Israeli go to a chinese medicine school there at least) and is near a nice little area called “Narrow Wide Alley”, it’s a little less busy in terms of expat community but it’s *way* closer to PiXian (located directly west of city centre). Apartments out there rent for cheap too.

Participant

I am finally heading to Chengdu early April !!

@Rick
    : Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I spoke to my future colleagues and they recommended me Jinsha (happy space) and Tongzilin Road and yeah, they also warned me about the *rough* travel time to my workplace..Tongzilin caught my eye though…

Hello All,

Anybody ready to share an apartment at Tongzilin or Jinsha (and the surrounding areas) ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.