New to Chengdu, Looking to Meet New People

HomeForumsIn ChengduNew to Chengdu, Looking to Meet New People

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone my name is Nikki and I am from Glasgow, Scotland, UK. I have been living in Chengdu for a few months now and wonder if anyone can recommend any expat events or clubs etc for me to join in order to meet new people. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Keymaster

There are a lot of potential places to recommend, but off the top of my head:

• Johnny 5 Donuts – Friendly atmosphere and cool people. Small enough that you will certainly be interacting with others.
    • The Poly Center – Honestly, it’s pretty grimy these days, but check out floors 19 and 21. There are usually a lot of expats here on weekends.
    • Machu Picchu – One of the oldest bars in Chengdu, with a Dutch owner who is a local legend, but overall just a really cool, small but personable bar.
    Participant

Hey Nikki,

I can also suggest Coushsurfing meetings – there’s one on Tuesday evenings starting at 8pm at Savage/Wow bar on KeHuaBei Lu & I think the other one is still on, Thursday evening, from 8:30 at The Bookworm near NiJiaQiao Station. Check out the Couchsurfing website for more exact details.

Participant

Wow bar in 九眼桥 (if your under 30)

Beernest 2

Shamrock

Polly Centre (Here we go, Tag, Mcelroys)

Tai Koo Li (Blue Frog, Element Fresh, Wagas etc)

Underground on Wednesday for quiz night.

There’s a few for starters, you can add me on wechat if you like (stubblyjoe84) if you need anything else. Always happy to help out a fellow Scot, even a weedgie! 🙂

Participant

Check out http://www.chengduplaces.com/ and you might get an idea.

Underground is good, say hi to Gary and Bernads from me and Beer Nest2 is another good place. Peaople in Chengdu are generally nice to new faces so just get out there.

Daniel

Participant

Hi! I’m new to Chengdu! looking for English-speaking friends.

Participant

Are you on social media? Wickr or anything else

Participant

I’m bored and have too much free time, I’m happy to meet new people.

Blocked

Wechat me at zeguol

Keymaster

Hey buddies sup with y’all? Are you new here and need some smoke or wanna get high? I just felt i introduce myself to some groups conversations, know what i mean? I got some drugs & high like.. Medical marijuana, Pain pills, Xanax, Oxy, Adderall, Diazepam, Indica and Sativa Marijuana. Discrete drop off and overnight delivery.. Anytime, anywhere! Contact: Email: ([email protected]) / Text: (240) 685-2365)

lol mmmkay 

Participant

oh, wechat me at: luofubonz, and Im not selling drugs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.