Newbie Advice…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNewbie Advice…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So after finally getting everything moved here and setup. What does one need to know besides everything… Are there wechat / QQ groups hints tips tricks?? general things about china and Chengdu  in general. I didn’t notice a sticky or anything that has your basic info on it. I live in the sticks.. so going to town is a treat.. I will take any and all advice.. Hope everyone is having a nice rainy Monday..

Keymaster

Welcome! There are tons of WeChat groups for almost everything you can imagine. Sharing them here is not very practical, but if you make friends here I’m sure you’ll get invited to some expat groups on WeChat, there are many of them.

As far as general information, I would just browse the forums. There are 30,000+ posts here and a ton of basic information on virtually all aspects of Chengdu that you can imagine.

Participant

Thanks for the advice Charlie.. I haven’t seen another foreigner as of yet.. work is supposed to start in a week but I haven’t heard anything about an orientation where the hell my classes are or anything.. I will assume china is similar to korea in that everything is done last minute. lol…

Keymaster

Thanks for the advice Charlie.. I haven’t seen another foreigner as of yet.. work is supposed to start in a week but I haven’t heard anything about an orientation where the hell my classes are or anything.. I will assume china is similar to korea in that everything is done last minute. lol…

I have not worked in Korea, but yeah, that sounds about right. China comes with a significant learning curve and stories about English schools acting irresponsibly are nearly as common as e-bikes here.

Participant

I did a ten year stint in korea.. and you would think a University would have some kind of game plan but hell nothing surprises me anymore..

Keymaster

I did a ten year stint in korea.. and you would think a University would have some kind of game plan but hell nothing surprises me anymore..

You have the right attitude. Welcome to Chengdu.

Participant

Thanks again.. so far so good I am loving it here. the food is amazing as well..

Participant

Hey, you mentioned you’re out in the sticks, what district/town are you located?

Participant

I am in Pixian county   out by the new UESTC campus.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.