Questions About Resident Permit

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionQuestions About Resident Permit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m Claude from Canada. I’m going to SCU to study dentistry in September. But i am not sure about the exact steps to get a resident permit in Cheng Du. I am planing on renting my own apartment; so do I rent the place first and then get a resident permit with the actual proof that i rented the place?or do i need to get a resident permit first in order to rent the place?

Thanks!

Participant

Hello,Claude

Good morning,I am Jessy,I am living in Chengdu,near SCU. Actually in Chengdu,if you want to rent an apartment,no need get a resident permit first,what you need is your passport or the ID card that can prove your identity. What’s more,you mention that you want to rent an apartment in Chengdu, I’m working at a real estate company, which is focused on helping expats to rent or buy apartments in Chengdu,so I can help you to find a nice apartment. And we also provide services for our clients:picking up at airport(free),visa,traveling….any problem you meet in Chengdu,we will help you solve.  more information,you can add my wechat: bunny685886, gmail: [email protected]

Keymaster

Claude,

Before falling into the clutches of an agent, read this:

I’m not sure how it is like for a student. for me it was from Z Visa to residence permit.

Assuming that you are arriving here with a X Visa (?), here are the things you should do:

// note: After arriving in China you have 30 days to apply for a residence permit. Do not arrive in China 30 days before you can register at the university, otherwise you will be fined or even asked to leave China if you exceed the 30 days.  //

1. Report at the nearest police station within 24 hours after arrival.

2. Find an apartment, you may need a copy of passport / student ID (?) to sign contract. Keep the contract slip safe.

3. Go to the nearest police station after signing contract (You should bring your passport, two passport size photos, contract slip, landlord’s contact details). Ask landlord about the police station your community/neighborhood belongs to.

4. Apply for residence permit. Seek help from school for supporting documents and such.

5. Once you get Residence permit, go the police station again and they will update the registry.

Hope this helps.

English is not my mother-tongue, sorry for not being word perfect.

Just comment here or add me on wechat if you are still confused.

(wechat: xonikk)

Keymaster

The two are not really related – to get a resident permit you will provide information on where you live, but you do not need a resident permit to get an apartment. Generally your landlord will just have a copy of your passport, if that.

Participant

So the best way to do it is:

first, find an apartment and sign the contract

second, go to the police station and get the permit (Do i get it right away?)

third, permit get and all good?

Is that it?

Keymaster

So the best way to do it is: first, find an apartment and sign the contract second, go to the police station and get the permit (Do i get it right away?) third, permit get and all good? Is that it?

1. Find apartment, sign contract

2. Just report at the nearest police station and register your new address there.

3. Get permit, its a long haul process. (not from police station, it will be issued from PSB office, your school will help you with that)

4. Once you get the permit, report at the police station again

Participant

So I don’t get the permit right away? How long does it take? Can I leave the country while i am waiting?

Sorry for all the questions mate. But i really can’t find the answer anywhere.

Keymaster

So I don’t get the permit right away? How long does it take? Can I leave the country while i am waiting? Sorry for all the questions mate. But i really can’t find the answer anywhere.

For me, it took 4 – 5 weeks–I guess, forgot that.

Do not plan to travel outside the Mainland soon after you arrive.

When your permit is being processed you will not have your passport. So I am afraid you can’t leave the country. Be prepared, LOL.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.