Questions: Finding Public School Teaching Job

HomeForumsIn ChengduQuestions: Finding Public School Teaching Job

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I’ve been back in the United States for 6 months after teaching English for 1 year with a private school in China (Guizhou province), and I’m interested in going back again. However, I’m more interested in Chengdu now because I liked what I experienced when I was there for a short while during the previous Chinese New Year.

While I can find work rather easily with private schools, I’d rather try my hand with public schools this time around so I’m looking for some advice on how to search for public school positions there.

When does the summer/fall semester start there? I’m assuming it’s around August or September.

When do their hiring seasons start?

What’s the best or most convenient way of contacting public schools? Would I have to be there in person and walk in, or would I have to use a recruiter?

I am interested in heading to Chengdu around August, but I can change some plans to go earlier in case the semester starts before then. I’d appreciate any info from people who worked and/or already work with public schools in Chengdu.

Thanks!

Participant

Hi There. I can recommend a website http://www.bteducation.cn

They can arrange that sort of thing and give you the info.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.