Remote working from Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRemote working from Chengdu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone !

I am French and will come to Chengdu starting September for work. My boyfriend would like to come with me and work remotely from Chengdu for his French company. We have some questions and hope that you can help us.

Is the internet connection stable and fast enough for remote working and video conferencing ? Is there any coworking space in Chengdu ? Do you know expatriates working remotely for their european company ?

Thank you guys.

Keymaster

Hi everyone ! I am French and will come to Chengdu starting September for work. My boyfriend would like to come with me and work remotely from Chengdu for his French company. We have some questions and hope that you can help us. Is the internet connection stable and fast enough for remote working and video conferencing ? Is there any coworking space in Chengdu ? Do you know expatriates working remotely for their european company ? Thank you guys.

Yes, there are major recent developments in the co-working space in Chengdu. One place I strongly recommend you check out is Walnut, a co-working space. Founded by a Canadian recent graduate of NYU, it definitely meets the international standard. They have fast internet there, but in general 100mb fiber is the fastest you will find in most places in Chengdu (that is what you will want).

Participant

Thank you Charlie for your answer. I will definitely check this place out at my arrival in September ! 🙂

Participant

Hello,

there is one nice place in the south, near the Century city metro station, but unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the place. It is opposit from Century City Exhibition Center (probably can say opposite from the bld no 4-6), with a pub/restaurant downstairs (separate owners). The environment is really nice, I do not know about the internet speed though. So if you are planning to live in the South, you can check it out. I guess there are more and more places like this lately, however good internet connection in general can be a problem here.

link to higher resolution image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your input ! I am not familiar with Chengdu so thanks for the map. I will look for this place. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.