Running Track in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduRunning Track in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All

Im in central Chengdu for a week come June and am keen to get some track miles under the belt where possible. I know that there are a few running tracks in and around the city centre but I’m not sure which ones are open to the public. If anyone can recommend a running track that’s open to the public and central I’d be appreciative!

Thank you

Greg

Participant

Nationalities University has a nice, newly surfaced track but is crowded in the evenings and is beside a garbage sorting spot so it can get smelly when the work is going on. Sports University has two tracks, one nicer one that is open to the public in the sense that the fence is very easy to climb. They are both within the southwest first ring. Sichuan University is relatively central and has a track too but I’ve never been personally.

Participant

Pretty much all universities are going to have a track or two, but like SS said, they’ll be very crowded in the evenings (seems like running a few laps on the track is the college kid’s version of dancing in the square). Day time is usually plenty open, but you’ll likely get some good stares (as you will any other time)

Participant

Thanks SS and Squiril Suit

I appreciate your comments. I’m leaning towards morning sessions based on your comments, that said turning up to nationalities university wearing my club kit could be an interesting experience.

I’ll  have to let you know how I go.

Thanks again

Greg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.