Sport Clubs in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduSport Clubs in Chengdu?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I just moved to Chengdu about 2 months ago, I’m normally really active in sports. But I haven’t been able to find any clubs here. I love hockey and will play just about any sport I can. Are there any sport clubs or places to go to? I know there’s ice hockey. Is anyone starting a team?

Keymaster

Ice hockey in Chengdu is kind of a mythical thing that people have spoken about but I have never actually seen. There are only a few ice skating rinks in the city that I know of.

Really big sports here are badminton, ping pong, football (soccer), and basketball. There are tennis courts all around Chengdu as well. Other small sports are around, but might be more difficult to find.

Participant

Would anybody be willing to partner up with me for tennis? 🙂 I’m not that great but I’d love to get some type of sports activity put into my week. Are there any weekly sport things happening?

Participant

I’ve posted about this before, but we play ultimate frisbee on Saturdays at Sports University at 2pm. We usually have about 20 players (last 2 weeks has been less because we couldn’t play at the sports university, but should be back to normal again) that come out each week. Check out http://www.chengdufrisbee.com if you’re interested.

Keymaster

Would anybody be willing to partner up with me for tennis? :) I’m not that great but I’d love to get some type of sports activity put into my week. Are there any weekly sport things happening?

I’m interested. I haven’t played tennis since I was in high school, but I was on my high school team, whatever that counts for. I’m not sure where the best place to play tennis in Chengdu is, so I messaged a friend of mine who is a tennis teacher in Chengdu and should be knowledgeable on this.

Participant

In need of someone to hit with up at Jianshe Lu and 1st ring rd….great outdoor courts @ 30RMB/hr.

Participant

I would love to have a set date for when one of you would like to meet up to play tennis :). Thank you for the replies. And yes Henry, I sent an email with regards to Frisbee.

Participant

Were you at Natooke on Friday? Thought the name was familiar for some reason…anyway, I can play after this week if you want to send me a pm.

Participant

Sent a pm. Don’t know if it went through.

Keymaster

Sent a pm. Don’t know if it went through.

If it’s sent successfully it will say “Message sent successfully” after sending

Participant

There’s also a pretty big rugby scene in Chengdu. They have a girl’s team, train several times a week and have games on Saturday.

If you’re interested in this just send me a PM and I’ll send you some WeChats.

Participant

There is also the Sunbirds Ladies Soccer team. PM me and I’ll put you in touch.

Participant

Hi all,

Myself (decent level) and my girlfriend (so so!) are looking to play some Tennis.  We live in the West of the city but would be happy to play anywhere in the 2nd ring road. If you would like a knock or have some suggestions of best courts please let me know.

weChat: M_Fray86

Participant

Hello to everyone. I just moved to Sichuan University from Italy and i should stay here till christmas.  Anyone know where i can find some Gym?

By the way I’m also worried about the food..is there anyone can give me suggestions on good restaurant or where to buy italian food?? Please help me!

p.s. I would enjoy new friends because I didn’t meet anyone!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.