Seeking Travel Mates for Kangding

HomeForumsIn ChengduSeeking Travel Mates for Kangding

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m originally from Taiwan, and am now a doctoral student in Sociology from New York City, camping out at a town in Neijiang (2 hours southeast) for my ethnography.

This is my first time in Sichuan, and it didn’t take long for me to get distracted by all (im)possible scenic spots.  Through a new friend here, I got to know this American woman Angela, who married a Tibetan and is now involved in eco-tourism with experience-type workshops (and many others) in KangDing.  http://www.definitelynomadic.com

So I am trying to round up travel mates to visit KangDing together.  I am able to depart as soon as next week/weekend.  Please send private messages or email to discuss.

Thank you.  Alice

Participant

Hi Alice,

Just sent you a PM

All the best,

Silvia

Participant

I don’t have to go so urgently now (as I just got so many different requests of help from my interviewees that I wish to stay here more solidly first to help address these needs), so this trip can be done at the end of August.

Plus, I also checked flight prices.  Sept 1 Kanding to Chengdu – prices are reduced to around RMB 750 compared to almost RMB 1000 summer prices.

Proposed route: on way to – ChengDu to Ya An by bus on ideally a weekday morning.  Overnight in Ya An and sight seeing a bit the next morning.  Then bus from Ya An to Kanding around noon time.  Arrive before Sunset.  Returned from Kanding to Chengdu by plane.

Thanks for reading this update,

Alice

Participant

Not sure yet about my plans for the end of August. From the financial point of view there are definitely some advantages. I will get back to you when I know more. I would love to go because it’s a great opportunity to have a travel mate and I don’t really like to travel by myself.

Best!

Silvia

Participant

I’m interested in joining but I don’t know my work schedule for the end of August yet. Anyway – stay in touch with your plans!

Participant

Hello Alice and Iona,

Just made some research regarding the plane tickets and for instance, for next week tickets are cheaper than for the end of August. Not a huge difference, about 20$ or 30$.

As long as the trip is to be made during the week, it’s not so bad. May be worst during an weekend though.

At the moment I am flexible so if you have a certain schedule, I could probably adjust. But not sure how will be the end of August as the school starts earlier this year.

Let me know about your ideas regarding this.

All the best!
    Silvia

Participant

<p style=”line-height: 19.2000007629395px;”>My schedule is  clearer now.  I’m looking at going to KangDing for roughly 4-5 days the week of Aug 25.  Does that suit anyway?  Please send a brief intro for yourself if interested.  I need to confirm my final schedule around Aug 19.</p>
    <p style=”line-height: 19.2000007629395px;”>If you go Angela’s website in my original post, I’m interested in the RMB 270 per person DIY activity program (including lodging)…I am inquiring for more details.</p>
    <p style=”line-height: 19.2000007629395px;”>Please send messages if interested to coming along.</p>
    <p style=”line-height: 19.2000007629395px;”>Alice</p>

Participant

If you have 4-5 days, where do you want to visit there? Yading is said to be a scenic spot. But after Kangding, you need another day to get there, or else by planes.

http://www.daochengyading.com/

Participant

You should defiantly head over to Tagong, but bear in mind there is a big difference in Altitude.  I usually stay with a local family Jya Droma’s

Participant

Hi Alice,

I had to change my plans and decided to travel to Europe for the next few weeks. Hope to make it to Kangding when I’m back to China.

Wish you a lovely trip!
    Silvia

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.