iPhone 4S Free with Contract

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussioniPhone 4S Free with Contract

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    And this is why i dont have anything apple. Reaping nearly 45 billion dollars and does not give a damn on their slave labor that produces this shit.

I can’t open anything from nytimes.com with or without VPN, that’s strange…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    And this is why i dont have anything apple. Reaping nearly 45 billion dollars and does not give a damn on their slave labor that produces this shit.

I can’t open anything from nytimes.com with or without VPN, that’s strange…

Keymaster

Relevant: Watching Apple Win the World

Quote:
    While Apple has certainly shown that at times they’ve let their power corrupt, they’re still guided by the fundamental principle we fell in love with: Superior products through superior design.

Keymaster

Relevant: Watching Apple Win the World

Quote:
    While Apple has certainly shown that at times they’ve let their power corrupt, they’re still guided by the fundamental principle we fell in love with: Superior products through superior design.

Participant

This can be said about Joe Pa and Penn St students. Superior results, but brushes the ugliness behind the scenes while being ignorant of those nastiness.

Good read. Apple originally made people ‘feel’ like this OS/product is for them (2002, Apple vs Windows). From there, they started owning everything ‘I.’ Still clamoring it fits their every need in life. I guess i can never understand why those in the Apple store are so passionate about those products (the ones working there and ones buying). The price tag is always insane high (one of the corrupt issues with apple).

One has to wonder, Apple products are now being marketed in China (no official store in CD, so prices are 1.5x vs in States), does the consumer know what is happening to their people to just make ‘i’ stuff? I asked a co-worker about foxconn and she said ‘yep, i know,’ but still has an iphone and ipad…. Different morals here i guess :/

Participant

This can be said about Joe Pa and Penn St students. Superior results, but brushes the ugliness behind the scenes while being ignorant of those nastiness.

Good read. Apple originally made people ‘feel’ like this OS/product is for them (2002, Apple vs Windows). From there, they started owning everything ‘I.’ Still clamoring it fits their every need in life. I guess i can never understand why those in the Apple store are so passionate about those products (the ones working there and ones buying). The price tag is always insane high (one of the corrupt issues with apple).

One has to wonder, Apple products are now being marketed in China (no official store in CD, so prices are 1.5x vs in States), does the consumer know what is happening to their people to just make ‘i’ stuff? I asked a co-worker about foxconn and she said ‘yep, i know,’ but still has an iphone and ipad…. Different morals here i guess :/

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I guess i can never understand why those in the Apple store are so passionate about those products (the ones working there and ones buying)

Superior design and superior products. The competition is years behind, evidenced by every post-iPhone smartphone looking like an iPhone and every post-iPad tablet looking like an iPad.

Quote:
    does the consumer know what is happening to their people to just make ‘i’ stuff?

Yeah, they manufacture things for low wages and relatively poor working conditions because they’re Chinese factory workers. Even though conditions at Foxconn are far better than your average factory in China and any of the employees can simply not apply for that job. There will always be people applying for those jobs though since for millions of people the alternatives are less attractive.

Quote:
    Different morals here i guess

Yeah… plus the vast majority of people really don’t care enough to change anything, evidenced by the fact that this has been highly publicized for years yet Apple continues to break world sales records.

If the goal is to raise awareness of working conditions at Foxconn in order to get Apple to move manufacturing to the US, that is never going to happen. China will remain China, Apple will continue manufacturing in export-driven third world economies, and they will continue breaking sales records for the foreseeable future.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I guess i can never understand why those in the Apple store are so passionate about those products (the ones working there and ones buying)

Superior design and superior products. The competition is years behind, evidenced by every post-iPhone smartphone looking like an iPhone and every post-iPad tablet looking like an iPad.

Quote:
    does the consumer know what is happening to their people to just make ‘i’ stuff?

Yeah, they manufacture things for low wages and relatively poor working conditions because they’re Chinese factory workers. Even though conditions at Foxconn are far better than your average factory in China and any of the employees can simply not apply for that job. There will always be people applying for those jobs though since for millions of people the alternatives are less attractive.

Quote:
    Different morals here i guess

Yeah… plus the vast majority of people really don’t care enough to change anything, evidenced by the fact that this has been highly publicized for years yet Apple continues to break world sales records.

If the goal is to raise awareness of working conditions at Foxconn in order to get Apple to move manufacturing to the US, that is never going to happen. China will remain China, Apple will continue manufacturing in export-driven third world economies, and they will continue breaking sales records for the foreseeable future.

Participant

I ain’t no rabid lefty- commie -pinko. Business is business. But apple makes $400,000 profit from every employee, be that a 15 year-old kid in China or a stock-options fat exec in the States. Good luck to them, but with such astronomical profits don’t they have some moral (if not egal) responsibility to pass some of that on to all their workers? Ah but what what did the late Stevo say, when told about Dickensian work practices at Foxconn? “That’s a supplier issue. You need to talk to Foxconn.” If there is a 9th ring of Hell, i hope he’s cooking there without wi-fi reception…

Participant

I ain’t no rabid lefty- commie -pinko. Business is business. But apple makes $400,000 profit from every employee, be that a 15 year-old kid in China or a stock-options fat exec in the States. Good luck to them, but with such astronomical profits don’t they have some moral (if not egal) responsibility to pass some of that on to all their workers? Ah but what what did the late Stevo say, when told about Dickensian work practices at Foxconn? “That’s a supplier issue. You need to talk to Foxconn.” If there is a 9th ring of Hell, i hope he’s cooking there without wi-fi reception…

Keymaster

It may seem like “slave labor” to you, but it’s better than planting/harvesting rice in rural China. Foxconn workers make 20x more per day compared to the $1 farm workers make. You have a very Western and subjective perspective on things.

Quote:
    apple makes $400,000 profit from every employee, be that a 15 year-old kid in China or a stock-options fat exec in the States.

I assume the kids you describe are Foxconn employees: which are not Apple employees or subject to Apple work conditions, wages, or environment since they are a separate entity in a different hemisphere. Apple is one of the best companies in the world to work for in terms of work conditions and is serious about addressing environmental concerns unlike their competitors. So I think “I hope Steve Jobs is burning in hell” is a pretty juvenile and uneducated position to take considering how far he advanced consumer technology, design philosophy, and business leadership throughout his career.

Quote:
    Good luck to them, but with such astronomical profits don’t they have some moral (if not egal) responsibility to pass some of that on to all their workers?

A business doesn’t have to change the manufacturing status quo, but it have to make money.

Think about this: right now you are probably accessing the internet with a device that has components made by Foxconn. They make every imaginable component you can think of, from motherboards to CPU sockets, dongles, cables etc. If you have a TV, laptop, or mobile phone, they probably all have Foxconn parts inside of them. If you’re accessing the internet, that data is passing through a router with Foxconn components in it.

Foxconn clients include American, European and Japanese companies. They manufacture the Amazon Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii among countless other everyday items.

Ask yourself: what is it that leads to the conditions at Foxconn? It is the collective demand of the entire world for inexpensive electronics. This is capitalism.

Keymaster

It may seem like “slave labor” to you, but it’s better than planting/harvesting rice in rural China. Foxconn workers make 20x more per day compared to the $1 farm workers make. You have a very Western and subjective perspective on things.

Quote:
    apple makes $400,000 profit from every employee, be that a 15 year-old kid in China or a stock-options fat exec in the States.

I assume the kids you describe are Foxconn employees: which are not Apple employees or subject to Apple work conditions, wages, or environment since they are a separate entity in a different hemisphere. Apple is one of the best companies in the world to work for in terms of work conditions and is serious about addressing environmental concerns unlike their competitors. So I think “I hope Steve Jobs is burning in hell” is a pretty juvenile and uneducated position to take considering how far he advanced consumer technology, design philosophy, and business leadership throughout his career.

Quote:
    Good luck to them, but with such astronomical profits don’t they have some moral (if not egal) responsibility to pass some of that on to all their workers?

A business doesn’t have to change the manufacturing status quo, but it have to make money.

Think about this: right now you are probably accessing the internet with a device that has components made by Foxconn. They make every imaginable component you can think of, from motherboards to CPU sockets, dongles, cables etc. If you have a TV, laptop, or mobile phone, they probably all have Foxconn parts inside of them. If you’re accessing the internet, that data is passing through a router with Foxconn components in it.

Foxconn clients include American, European and Japanese companies. They manufacture the Amazon Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii among countless other everyday items.

Ask yourself: what is it that leads to the conditions at Foxconn? It is the collective demand of the entire world for inexpensive electronics. This is capitalism.

Participant

iPhone 4S 8GB, 16GB, 23GB and 64 GB are available on iPhone pay monthly contract with leading networks like Orange, Vodafone, O2, Three and T-mobile.iPhone 4S 3GB deals offered by O2 starts from as little as £21.50 per month. O2 offers cheapest deal which varies according the contract period ranging from 12 months to 36 months.

Participant

iPhone 4S 8GB, 16GB, 23GB and 64 GB are available on iPhone pay monthly contract with leading networks like Orange, Vodafone, O2, Three and T-mobile.iPhone 4S 3GB deals offered by O2 starts from as little as £21.50 per month. O2 offers cheapest deal which varies according the contract period ranging from 12 months to 36 months.

Keymaster

I thought this was interesting: Apple is calling inspectors into Foxconn facilities in Chengdu: Apple Requests Foxconn Factory Inspections

Participant

Foxconn is known to ‘hide’ many wronging with face value props. Meaning that the younger workers in the assembly line will most likely be replaced with older workers. This will transpire until the inspectors leave… That was the norm, now apple ‘may’ intend to audit foxconn, which auditing makes it harder to hide figures. What may come out of this? No clue, apple just needs to look good internationally with their products, esp the rumored ipad3 coming out in March, they seem to just want to patch up things to improve sales…

Keymaster

I agree that this is probably as much a PR response as it is a genuine effort to investigate and improve conditions. Foxconn doesn’t care about improving conditions and they’re the ones actually running these facilities.

Quote:
    apple just needs to look good internationally with their products, esp the rumored ipad3 coming out in March, they seem to just want to patch up things to improve sales…

I’m pretty sure that even if video evidence of Apple’s CEO cracking whips on the backs of 4 foot tall Chinese factor workers were to emerge, the iPad 3 would still sell fantastically. If it actually has the rumored Retina display, that is…

8hGz6.jpg

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.