iPhone 4S Free with Contract

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussioniPhone 4S Free with Contract

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Participant

May be a weird question but how do u pay the 286RMB/month? Because my Chinese bank account is empty most of the time…

Thinking about dumping my 4 32GB for a 4S 16GB.

Participant

May be a weird question but how do u pay the 286RMB/month? Because my Chinese bank account is empty most of the time…

Keymaster
    Quote:

I pay like 40rmb a month, it’s all through the charge cards though. What I do is charge 200 yuan or something at once and then I’m all good for a few months, no hassles.

Keymaster
    Quote:

I pay like 40rmb a month, it’s all through the charge cards though. What I do is charge 200 yuan or something at once and then I’m all good for a few months, no hassles.

Participant

Wait a minute, just checked the iphone.10010.com website and got this from Google translate…

36 months ~ 286RMB/month

Preferential purchase money: 0RMB

Pre-deposit: 5880RMB

Amount of the monthly return: 163RMB

……So you pay the thing first and then get your money back over 3 years? **** that!

///EDIT: @ Charlie, yeah, I do the same thing now, but I mean if you sign up for a 286RMB/month contract I assume they want to be certain you’re gonna pay for the thing

Participant

Wait a minute, just checked the iphone.10010.com website and got this from Google translate…

36 months ~ 286RMB/month

Preferential purchase money: 0RMB

Pre-deposit: 5880RMB

Amount of the monthly return: 163RMB

……So you pay the thing first and then get your money back over 3 years? **** that!

///EDIT: @ Charlie, yeah, I do the same thing now, but I mean if you sign up for a 286RMB/month contract I assume they want to be certain you’re gonna pay for the thing

Keymaster

I’m looking at the site and see completely different figures than what you posted. I would go into a China Unicom office and talk to them face to face if you’re serious about upgrading. I paid 6,000 yuan in 2010 for an iPhone 4 which included 2 years of 3G service provided that I pay an additional 40 yuan/month. The device alone would have cost 5,000 yuan had I gotten it from Apple.

Keymaster

I’m looking at the site and see completely different figures than what you posted. I would go into a China Unicom office and talk to them face to face if you’re serious about upgrading. I paid 6,000 yuan in 2010 for an iPhone 4 which included 2 years of 3G service provided that I pay an additional 40 yuan/month. The device alone would have cost 5,000 yuan had I gotten it from Apple.

Participant
    Quote:
    I’m looking at the site and see completely different figures than what you posted.

I’m looking at the iPhone 4S 16GB, 286 Column

So you actually have to pay the phone first and then get monthly returns?

I was under the impression you got the phone for free, and then just pay the monthly subscription through an authorization on your bank account. Like the way a tying sale works in Europe.

But if I have to pay 5880RMB first, there’s not much use for an upgrade.

Participant
    Quote:
    I’m looking at the site and see completely different figures than what you posted.

I’m looking at the iPhone 4S 16GB, 286 Column

I was under the impression you got the phone for free, and then just pay the monthly subscription through an authorization on your bank account. Like the way a tying sale works in Europe.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Nope, it’s not like in the US or UK. You pay 6,000 yuan up front and you’re effectively paying for 1-3 years of service depending on which plan you choose. You get the device at a heavy discount since it’s included with that.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Nope, it’s not like in the US or UK. You pay 6,000 yuan up front and you’re effectively paying for 1-3 years of service depending on which plan you choose. You get the device at a heavy discount since it’s included with that.

Participant

Thanks for the info, good that I can get this out of my head then 🙂 Some misleading posts in this thread though!

Participant

Thanks for the info, good that I can get this out of my head then 🙂 Some misleading posts in this thread though!

Keymaster
    Quote:

I read that also – perhaps that is a deal that I’m not aware of, I can just speak to my own experience getting the iPhone 4 on China Unicom. The article in the original post on this thread is from Apple Insider, I would consider the first hand account of someone who’s bought one in China a more reliable source.

Maybe someone like that is out there?

Quote:
    i checked with the telco recently and was told that SIRI in Iphone 4S will not be available in China sets… I wonder if this is true….

I asked about this and found out that the 4S in China does have Siri. It’s just not an advertised feature since it only works in English.

Keymaster
    Quote:

I read that also – perhaps that is a deal that I’m not aware of, I can just speak to my own experience getting the iPhone 4 on China Unicom. The article in the original post on this thread is from Apple Insider, I would consider the first hand account of someone who’s bought one in China a more reliable source.

Maybe someone like that is out there?

Quote:
    i checked with the telco recently and was told that SIRI in Iphone 4S will not be available in China sets… I wonder if this is true….

I asked about this and found out that the 4S in China does have Siri. It’s just not an advertised feature since it only works in English.

The problem is, I am still tied up with my contract from the iPhone 4 which is set to expire in about 4 months. I think that it will be a better idea to trade the iPhone 4 (or sell it) and get an unlocked version of the 4s from the apple store.

I would not want to wait any longer to get the 4s because by then, it will be only a few months ahead before a new one comes along, which will be an even bigger dilemma.

The problem is, I am still tied up with my contract from the iPhone 4 which is set to expire in about 4 months. I think that it will be a better idea to trade the iPhone 4 (or sell it) and get an unlocked version of the 4s from the apple store.

I would not want to wait any longer to get the 4s because by then, it will be only a few months ahead before a new one comes along, which will be an even bigger dilemma.

Participant

And this is why i dont have anything apple. Reaping nearly 45 billion dollars and does not give a damn on their slave labor that produces this shit.

Participant

And this is why i dont have anything apple. Reaping nearly 45 billion dollars and does not give a damn on their slave labor that produces this shit.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.