Fuji x100 Camera Feedback?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFuji x100 Camera Feedback?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody got a Fuji x100? If so how do you feel about this camera? I need a new compact.

Keymaster

I have a Fuji x100. It is incredible, provided a few things:

– You are not a novice to manual photography. You will probably the type who manually controls, and frequently changes, ISO, aperture, shutter speed etc because this camera is specifically built for people who want manual, physical controls for these.

– You’re comfortable with a fixed-range lens of 35mm. No zooming and no swapping lenses

The image quality is incredible. Seriously, incredible: indistinguishable from a Leica. This is due to the APC-C sensor which is very large for a camera this size. Outstanding low light performance. Example shot from Friday night in darkness:

Hise-400.jpg

Let me know if you have any specific questions. This is the camera that led me to getting out of the dSLR game after 14 years.

Keymaster

I have a Fuji x100. It is incredible, provided a few things:

– You are not a novice to manual photography. You will probably the type who manually controls, and frequently changes, ISO, aperture, shutter speed etc because this camera is specifically built for people who want manual, physical controls for these.

– You’re comfortable with a fixed-range lens of 35mm. No zooming and no swapping lenses

The image quality is incredible. Seriously, incredible: indistinguishable from a Leica. This is due to the APC-C sensor which is very large for a camera this size. Outstanding low light performance. Example shot from Friday night in darkness:

Hise-400.jpg

Let me know if you have any specific questions. This is the camera that led me to getting out of the dSLR game after 14 years.

Participant

Did you buy it in China? I have seen it on Taobao for around 4500

Keymaster

Yes, I bought it at the camera market in the north of Chengdu. If you’re buying now, I would wait a few months for the 100S.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.