Human Centered Design Workshop

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHuman Centered Design Workshop

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Have you ever wanted to learn how to design a product? We’re looking for you!

As part of the Chengdu Entreprenurship Meetup we’re offering a free 5 weeks workshop on how to use the human centered design concept to build a product. Each week we meet for 2-3 hours on Sunday afternoon and you’ll also have a couple hours of reading to learn the concepts we’re trying to apply.

The dates are as follows Jan. 12, Jan. 19, Feb. 9, Feb. 16 and Feb. 23.

This workshop is open to anyone who is interested in building a product (can be a physical product, computer program, process or service) and the more diverse a group of participants the better!

Please ask any questions you have on this post or you can register at the following link.

Human Centered Design Workshop

Sunday, Jan 12, 2014, 2:00 PM

No location yet.

22 Entrepreneurs Went

********** Update **********Thank You for joining the Human Centered Design Course!The address that this event will take place at is as follows ??????????168? or Bin Jiang dong Lu no.168 xing he Ming du. The location is a coffee shop inside a residential complex, please give me a call at [masked] if you have problems finding it.We will start …

Check out this Meetup →

Keymaster

Is there any more information available on the human centered design concept? Sounds interesting but I would like to learn more.

Keymaster
    Participant

This sounds like a very interesting workshop. I’d definately be interested in signing up, though I imagine you’ll get a lot of attention. Is this likely to ‘sell-out’? I see you mentioned “groups of participants”. Does this mean we’ll be working in groups, possibly one from this forum? I know there’s a few people I’d be excited to work with.

One more thing: Do you have an idea for the location?

Participant

Hey Callum, you should have come with me to the last entreprenuership meeting. He mentioned it there. I’ve recommended it to a bunch of students too. I am definitely going to join in cuz I think I’m good at conceptualizing but my elevator pitch is awful 😀 so I’m hoping to learn how to better organize and present my concepts.

Callum let’s be a team! 😀

Participant

Charlie that’s the right link, we’ll be using Acuren / Ideo course content.

Callum the team based approach is part of building products using this method. Ideally teams should be 5-6 people and the only constraint is that we would like to have 1 product designer in each team. So go ahead and build the dream team! I think we’ve got the capacity to host about 20 people in the location we’ll be hosting this at. The location is going to be at a Chinese startup working out of a bankrupt cafe near Lan Kuai Fong (It’s a great spot)

Participant

Sounds like exactly the kind of thing I have been craving in Chengdu. I’ve just signed up. 🙂

Participant

Is the cafe the elephant one? They have quite interesting workshops and salons, or so I hear.

Participant

@Lisa – I haven’t heard about the elephant cafe but please tell me more! The cafe where this is going to be held is actually in a residential complex and has been converted into an office.

Participant

I’ve just signed up. The location’s great as it’s less than ten minutes from my apartment.

Participant

cry. I have to work next week so I’m going to miss this first meeting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.