Tuesday 11/12: Chengdu Business Connection Mixer

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTuesday 11/12: Chengdu Business Connection Mixer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This month’s fun, friendly and informal monthly networking event will be on Tuesday, 12th at the Lazy Pug. It’s a great chance to meet new people in Chengdu, find new opportunities and have fun.

Last month over 120 people from all walks of life, both Chinese and expats, enjoyed a fun night of new friends and the Lazy Pug’s food and drinks.

Time: Tuesday, 11/12. 7pm-10pm

Venue: Lazy Pug, Master Building, Tong Zi Lin. (Here) 富豪首座,人民南路四段48号附22号 (Down the small street next to the BMW store)

This monthly event is free and open to all. Feel free to bring friends/coworkers/students/teachers/boss. And you if want you can also join our Meetup.com group here: http://www.meetup.com/Chengdu-Business-Connection

If you need directions you can call me on 13880577514 or add wechat: UKMichael

Keymaster

Nice! Added this to the November Events thread.

Participant

Hope to see lots of CL forum members again here on Tuesday.

If you are interested in this month’s events and future Chengdu Business Connection events you can join our meetup group by scanning the QR code attached.

Chengdu Business Connection Meetup Group QR Code

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Hello!

We are looking forward to seeing some new faces! We will offer some great drink and food specials including tacos and sliders. The past two events have been very successful and packed with a mix of expats and locals.

All are welcome.

The Pugs

Participant

If my post is too much of a derailment please let me know and I’ll delete/start a new thread. But how realistic is it for an American to find a corporate-type job in Chengdu without being able to speak Mandarin? I have a bachelor’s degree and ~10 years work experience in the mortgage/banking industry. I do plan to make one of these events eventually!

Keymaster

If my post is too much of a derailment please let me know and I’ll delete/start a new thread. But how realistic is it for an American to find a corporate-type job in Chengdu without being able to speak Mandarin? I have a bachelor’s degree and ~10 years work experience in the mortgage/banking industry. I do plan to make one of these events eventually!

It’s very possible, actually. Chinese will help a lot, so I would learn as quickly as possible, but some jobs do not require Chinese. If you’re working for a foreign company which is located in Chengdu or for English speaking Chinese people in a professional environment, etc.

Participant

Woodwerd, definitely possible I think. Although I think expats with at least average Chinese skills stand a better chance.

Looking forward to seeing lots of CL forum people at the Pug tonight! If you get lost feel free to call me: 13880577514

Participant

Thanks to everyone who came along on Tuesday. Another fun and interesting night for everyone joined us. I’m always too lazy to count, but there were at least 100 people there at the peak of the evening.

We had a fantastic photographer called KB join us this month, you can find all the photos from the event here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/108103101@N02/

KB is a Malaysian working in Chengdu. He does photography and video for all kinds of applications. If you’re impressed with his work you can check out his wesite here or contact through me.

We’re hosting Chengdu Business Connection’s Monthly mixer on the second Tuesday of every month, so put us down on your calender and we look forward to seeing you next month!

CBC November

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.