Warm @ Machu Picchu on Thursdays (Trip Hop)

HomeForumsIn ChengduWarm @ Machu Picchu on Thursdays (Trip Hop)

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoIan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Note that this event is at the NEW MACHU PICCHU, not the old one! It’s an awesome venue located in Yulin and is literally the warmest place around that we’ve found in the neighborhood. There are two DJs and a VJ and trip hop, downtempo, lounge, and hip hop music. Stuff you won’t hear anywhere else in Chengdu, basically.

Machu Picchu also makes handmade pizzas, which are half off on Thursdays, and has an insane beer selection including Vedett draft.

Time: 9pm – midnight
    Address: ????1?
    Price: Free

Come check it out and say hi! They have foosball and board games, too. If you’re a DJ and you play this kind of music (non-noisy chill music), shoot me a message via PM and join us. This is a low-key jam session where we play stuff we can’t play in clubs, nothing formal.

Keymaster

This is tonight! We had a great time last week on Thursday. Here are directions to the spot, it’s in Yulin very close to First Ring Road: New Machu Picchu

Participant

Cool event.  Music is a nice departure from other more raging events.  Fusball’s a hoot too.

Participant

Big fan of this. I try to make it over when I can, but as I usually work all day Thursday and really fucking early Friday, I only am able to attend intermittently. But Charlie, really dig your sets, as well as the other guy’s. Didn’t know you got down like that. Hope you fellows keep it up, might be difficult judging by the usually slim number of patrons on Thursday, but as for now, it’s the most chill place in my opinion to be Thursday nights.

Keymaster

Big fan of this. I try to make it over when I can, but as I usually work all day Thursday and really fucking early Friday, I only am able to attend intermittently. But Charlie, really dig your sets, as well as the other guy’s. Didn’t know you got down like that. Hope you fellows keep it up, might be difficult judging by the usually slim number of patrons on Thursday, but as for now, it’s the most chill place in my opinion to be Thursday nights.

Dude, thank you, that is really nice to hear.

Sometimes there are 30 people and sometimes there are 5 people. Regardless, for us, this night is mostly about us having a weekly place to share new music amongst ourselves. Honestly it’s the only non-club gig that I have and we really enjoy being able to play music that we listen to in our private lives as opposed to appeasing a dance floor. Most Thursday a few of our good friends are there and it’s a good time for us even if it’s not much different than hanging out in one of our houses. We also really like Machu Picchu and want to support the venue and contribute to its success, and we’re pushing Jacob (of Natooke) to take his first steps DJ’ing there since he’s already a crate-digging music aficionado.

Thanks again though, next time you come definitely say what’s up. I’m heading out the door in a moment to this.

Keymaster

Tonight @ Machu Picchu! Vedett pints are 30 yuan tonight also (normally 40).

Participant

music in Machu was awlsome!!

Keymaster

music in Machu was awlsome!!

Thanks! Last Thursday someone got engaged and brought a huge group to Machu Picchu. It was good times.

Participant

sounds fun!!! i’m traveling around hainan island . a lot lot of pity didnt there!

Participant

It’s too cold tonight….brgghhhhh

Keymaster

sounds fun!!! i’m traveling around hainan island . a lot lot of pity didnt there!

Hainan sounds beautiful, enjoy the Warm® weather.

It’s too cold tonight….brgghhhhh

It really is… we won’t be at Machu Picchu tonight, not sure if the bar is even open but I work tomorrow and then fly to Europe for a week.

See everyone next week at Machu Picchu hopefully!

Participant

It’s open I have been down there for the last two nights.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.