张小泉 (Zhang Xiao Quan) Knives in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral Discussion张小泉 (Zhang Xiao Quan) Knives in Chengdu?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking for the 祥瑞 series of knives from 张小泉, this in particular. It’s a Hangzhou company that do quite nice knives. I e-mailed them asking the same question a while ago, but they haven’t replied.

Cheers,

Chris

Taobao shows a few knives amidst this search result.

Participant

I would prefer a physical store so I could have a look at it. Can’t buy from Taobao as I don’t have (nor intend to get) a Chinese bank account – leaving in 3 months.

Participant

According to this 百度知道, there should be a dedicated 张小泉 shop in the 人人乐 mall on 沙湾 road.

Guess I’ll check it out tomorrow!

Participant

That turned out to be wrong. Guess it’s back to square one, then.

Participant

Two of those Taobao results have the COD option (货到付款) as well as the seven day money back guarantee, so you could check the knife out when you get it and send it back with the delivery guy if you aren’t happy.

Even if you don’t use COD you can buy from Taobao without a bank account, just get a voucher (网汇e) from the postal savings bank.

Participant

Looks like that’s my only option. Thanks for the tip, SS.

Participant

Anyone happen to know where can I buy a samurai sword in Chengdu? Those swords I saw on Taobao look like shit

Participant

Well, it’s on its way. Ended up with this one: s80560100.jpg

Quote:
    Anyone happen to know where can I buy a samurai sword in Chengdu?

A Samurai might have one going spare. You will find him working in a bar, or perhaps even a laundry, but he will only pass one of his centuries old swords to you if your cause is just and true. Be prepared to be subject to a retelling of history, but remember these wise words will enlighten your true path.

PS. Mr Miyagi says ‘Hi!’

Participant
    Quote:
    You will find him working in a bar, or perhaps even a laundry

They could be anyone works in a sushi restaurant,or they could be those old men in the tea house, who are scratching genitalia, it’s difficult to find them. So I don’t want an authentic samurai sword, a counterfeit will do, but it has to be beautiful, it’s for my viewing pleasure, and maybe I will use it as a prop in a film.

PS. Mr Hatori Hi back!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.