"3 Coffee" in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn Chengdu"3 Coffee" in Chengdu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I used to live in Nanjing as a grad student, and was fascinated by this cafe that was also a sort of civil society (or as close as you’ll get to one in China). It was founded by and continues to attract photographers — a sort of unofficial photography guild. They’ve opened in Chengdu (not sure when), as I recently discovered, and are located behind the Sichuan University Press/Dico’s (same corner as Jellyish, across the small university road). Last time I was in for a coffee I met the manager, a pleasant young Nanjing woman, who said that she’d be happy to see more foreign clientele at the place. Consider this an endorsement to the foreign community:

The coffee’s very good, not your typical knock-off Lavazza, and the outdoor bar and terrace is going to be the perfect place to pre game or just relax before crossing the road to the dance party. Recommend making it a staple go-to in the expat community; non-commital atmosphere perfect for a few drinks, studying, taking a date, anything. I’m digging it.

Quote:
    before crossing the road to the dance party

Quote:
    before crossing the road to the dance party

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.