3 month apartment rental wanted

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment Rentals3 month apartment rental wanted

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dear all,

Happy New Year from Hong Kong.

I am currently planning a 3month stay in Chengdu this year. I have previously stayed in Chengdu before but only in hostels. I was wondering if anyone could provide any help on pointers in renting an apartment for 3months, and what sort of price range I should be looking at? All I need is a 1bedroom apartment, clean, modern and convenient.

I have tried a few searches online but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

James

Ps great website!

Participant

Man, despite what some people have said, you CAN get a 3 month lease here, (i’ve done it 3 or 4 times) but it is harder and some places will refuse. Go to a zhong jie (real estate agent) but dont tell them you want 3 months. Look at a place, if you like it tell the agent that you want it but have some concerns (ie. I used to say noisy neighbours)but if its fine after 3 months, you’ll pay for another 3 after that (but dont put that on the contract!). Dont go to the big expensive places like Century 21, but just your average, dirty, semi-legal hole in the wall place (90% of real estate agents are like this in Chengdu). I was always reluctant to sign for 6 or 12 months cos i did have problems in the past (neighbours playing mahjong until 6 AM, rats, broken appliances)and like i said, some places will let you ahve 3 months.

Keep in mind that alot of fang dongs (landlords) arent even interested in earning too much rent; its basically an investment property to sell later. Also at this time of year there are lotsa vacant places, cos school year is over and students go home for spring festival or relocate in search of jobs.

The places and websites that cater to foreigners are ok if you have a high budget, but if you can speak some chinese, or have a chinese friend, i’d DIY. My old place was advertised on an english website for 600 kuai more than in a local shop, simply cos it was an english language site!

Good luck man!

Participant

May be you can find suitable house in HakkaHomes

http://www.hakkahomes.com/

Hi James, I have one in downtown. A newly decorated apartment. You may reach me at [email protected] for detials.

Hi,

I have a new apartment available for renting. The size is around

550 square feet . It has central air conditioner, kitchen,

bathroom, bed, sofa, washing machine, LCD TV, Freezer,

oven. It is a new apartment and nobody lived before.

It is close to Ren Min Park, City’s libray , supermarkets

and Tian Fu Square. The location of this apartment is very

good .

The room rent is as the following.

USD500 / each month ( 1- 6 months )

USD450 / each month ( over 6 months )

If you stay in a hotel in ChengDu, the monthly fee would

be at least USD1500 each month. My apartment has the same

facility as 4-5 star hotels in ChengDu. But it is better than

a hotel as it has kitchen .

The rental includes the apartment administration fee alreay.

We charge 3 months rental fee and one month deposit each time.

The electrity fee will be deducted from your deposit every

three months.

If you need a a nice apartment for several months, pls feel

free to contact me.

I acept the paypal payment. Pls contact me at e-mail

[email protected]. I can send you pictures for this

apartment.

Sincerely

Kathy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.