4 Days in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn Chengdu4 Days in Chengdu?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys.

I am traveling to Chengdu April 18-22. My husband and I are young (22 and 25) and have both been in China before, we are up for absolutely anything and want to see, do, and eat as much as possible for the 4 days we are there. I have been perusing the site for hours now (instead of working… ha), but I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for such a short trip? What should we do as first-timers in Chengdu, with the assumption that we will be back to LIVE there a few years from now.

I have saved all the must-try places and things to do from Chengdu Places, but I think it still might be too much to do in 4 days.

Suggestions? Anybody want to meet up and explore with us?

-K

Keymaster

There’s a lot to see! More than you can fit into four days probably. Here are some places off the top of my head:

• Wuhou Temple
    • Jin Li in the evening (which is right next to Wuhou Temple). Definitely go on a weekday and not a weekend, as it can get very crowded with tourists
    • Walk around the Tibetan district
    • I like Raffles City, especially around dusk. The architecture is beautiful and there is a nice, elevated outdoor area
    • The Panda Breeding Center is worth checking out, recently there have been a few massively popular viral videos that were filmed here (Panda rolling around in the snow, etc)
    • People’s Park is great place to walk around for an hour or two. There’s an old-school tea house inside with vegetarian food which is a great spot to hang out. The best day to go is Sunday.
    • Many more! Check out the tourist attractions section on Chengdu Places.
    Participant

Agree with Charlie,

However, 4 days is really really too short; you will be cutting yourselves quite short and departing the area with just a taste of the “DU”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.