Accommodation suggestions near Daqiang Street

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAccommodation suggestions near Daqiang Street

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Avatar photoAKK.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi People,

I need some lodging near West Daqiang Street.

Any advice?

Participant

Hello AKK

It seems Daqiang West Street (大墙西街?) is just to the north of down-town.

What kind of accommodation are you looking for?

Try this map: http://j.map.baidu.com/Lf4ac

I’ve marked a couple of nearby hostels, a holiday inn, and a Chinese brand hotel. I’ve also marked a complex of newer style apartments around a restaurant square which might be suitable. Most of the apartments nearer are older style, I don’t know much about them.

Let me know if you want other information.

Regards

Participant

HI Brave,

Much thanks!

I am actually looking for some 6 – 12 months rental apartment as I will be sent to work in Chengdu soon.

Just wondering where would be good to stay while my office would be in Daqiang West Street itself. Hopefully it can be near to my workplace.

Cheers!

Participant

A friend of mine rented a tidy fully furnished ~60 sq meter one bed at the restaurant square for 1500/month. that was a year or so ago.

There are an number of agencies in the the area, none that I’m aware have English speaking staff.

Participant

Hi Brave,

Really appreciated your responses and advice.

There are agencies that I can ask around? That would really be great. I’m not so familiar with the area and road names yet, but I guess some Pu Tong Hua should tide me over somehow.

So I guess typically a good RMB1500 – 2000 should get me a fairly decent apartment around that area? Would there be any means to contact the agencies via emails?

Participant

Hello AKK.

I’m not sure of your familiarity with China/Chengdu. I believe it’s quite difficult to even arrange an appointment to few a property by email.

Let alone go further.

Over the phone/qq I suspect is the most remote option you could consider, with face to face visiting of the agency almost always a necessity. I’ve seen other people post to the same effect.

I’ve never heard of anyone managing to arrange an apartment for arrival other than those who had it done for them by their Company/School.

That’s just my opinion I don’t want to be discouraging.

From what I understand of your situation I’ll try to make some suggestions.

You might have to stay at a hostel when you arrive then spend your first few days looking.

Enlist the assistance of the company you’ll work for? Can they get someone to do some house hunting on you behalf before you arrive?

Can they provide someone to assist/accompany you after after you arrive?

Once you find a place and have the money you can often move in immediately.

I think I’ve seen on another thread you might stay for 6 months, I’ve found all contracts to be 12months min. you might have to try to negotiate this.

An agency fee might be 1 months rent. Again you can try to negotiate this, I know some that have paid 2 weeks.

You might well be expected to pay 3 months rent in advance.

Also try to negotiate a lower price, everyone will expect it.

You could try http://fang.taobao.com/chengdu I’ve used it in the past to get an idea of the rental market in different areas. Though again you always have to follow up by phone/qq ~~ generally people will use qq or phone, I think email doesn’t really get you very far in my experience, maybe the east of china is different/better. Face-to-face, cash in hand is king.

Apologies if some/all of this is obvious

To answer your questions.

Yes, you should be able to get a fairly decent place for 1500-2000, though I expect it to be nearer to 2000. depending on what you regard as decent. Its VERY easy to see places listed for 2500.

I can try to get you a contact details of an agency in the area.

Regards

Participant

Hi Brave,

Really cannot thank you enough for the advices. I do realise that using of emails may not be the best remote method, I have yet to have QQ yet at this moment.

Don’t worry, I will definite be travelling down to take a look of the actual apartment sometimes Dec/ Jan, and is expecting to stay in a hostel/ budget hotel for the few days before I’m ready to settle into the apartment. And I would seek assistance from my new colleagues as well. Now I just wanna have a feel on the kinda budget needed.

Definitely when I am finally there, I would love to join any outings that the forum hosts.

Once again, thanks a million.

Participant

this is the card I was passed today from the agency. I guess you’ll get a better response from the qq mail address.

f0nh9c.jpg

Participant

Hey, Brave.

Thanks again. The website cannot go but I will register a QQ account soon. I will be in Chengdu in early Dec would hope to be meeting some of you guys there =)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.