Activities for the Spring Festival

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionActivities for the Spring Festival

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i’ve just made up my mind not going back home  this year..So i have days off, and my plan is that going to bookworm for a day or two, and going bicycling around the city for some other days, and visiting some interesting places which i love all the time such as Qingyanggong, Wenshuyuan ( haven’t been there before)…possibly going shopping , watching movies and feed myself as much as possible…..anyway, just things like that…

so, hopefully bookworm will still be open , and So is Natooke…(ay , lazy me, haven’t been to Natooke either..)…?? first time spending the new year myself,so ,i am open to all kinds of suggestions.

ps:  Is there anybody  thinking about going to Lijiang(especially girls)? also, i think i saw somebody said there are some voluntary services needed in the forum(maybe not)? maybe taking care of babies, disabled or old people?

Participant

Last time we went to Wenshu yuan the vegetarian restaurant was closed but we found a very good one close by.

Here are a few phots from our dinner there (just ignore the rest of the blog as it’s meant for my parents and friends back in Sweden haha)

http://danielwikstrand.com/2013/11/01/been-lots-of-eating-lately/

PM me if you need the exact address for the place, I should be able to find out 🙂

Daniel

Participant

@Daniel:thanks man…. Sweden? Remind me of My coral friend…. Anyway, the link you shared is accessible, but not the pictures…

Also , ahh , pls check if u received my pm. …. I am not sure if I sent it correctly….

Keymaster

Your Chunjie plans sound like mine. Bookworm and Natooke are great places to visit during the holiday, both will surely be open. I’ll most likely just be in Chengdu for that week working on personal projects. If you’re going to travel during that time, best that it be international, I find.

Participant

@ Charlie: most of my friends, especially foreign friends are going to see their girlfriend/bf ‘ s parents…. ( Which makes me laugh everytime i hear about  it) so ,I don’t really think there are many  people that would be like me ..

Anyway, thanks for the information. I was trying to contact u for some other information but worried since I know u are such a busy man… But since u replied, is it possible to find the thread about Chinese calligraph? I m gonna find myself some Chinese friends and sth I d like to learn.. ( and if it is too troublesome, never mind then, I know I can find it , I am just too lazy …)

About the international trip, well , that s big thing for sb like me……I might do it when I am rich enough, brave enough, smart enough  and a lot of other enoughs … Haha , but that s a nice suggestion…..

Keymaster

But since u replied, is it possible to find the thread about Chinese calligraph? I m gonna find myself some Chinese friends and sth I d like to learn.. ( and if it is too troublesome, never mind then, I know I can find it , I am just too lazy …) About the international trip, well , that s big thing for sb like me……I might do it when I am rich enough, brave enough, smart enough and a lot of other enoughs … Haha , but that s a nice suggestion…..

Hi,

There are a bunch of threads about calligraphy on here, I think this is the most recent one. I haven’t been to a calligraphy event in Chengdu in while, but here’s one I went to a few years ago and took photos at. That one was at Mandarin Club in Tongzilin.

Participant

@ Charlie: though nothing like what I thought, still I wanna say thank you… Especially when I see that "search forum” and found it easy to look for it myself.. ( is it always there or it s a new function ? I feel like that I am a total  jerk  and lazy boots …)

Keymaster

@ Charlie: though nothing like what I thought, still I wanna say thank you… Especially when I see that "search forum” and found it easy to look for it myself.. ( is it always there or it s a new function ? I feel like that I am a total jerk and lazy boots …)

There is a forum search feature at the top right, but I find that Google Search is even more effective. Usually when I search for something I just use Google and what I’m looking for is almost always the first search result.

Participant

@tina tan

I got the PM and reply sent, seems like the photos are only showing if you use a VPN service.

Daniel

Participant

@Daniel: your reply is empty.. There is only the title..? But it is ok, I d have enough time to goof  around, and see what i can get …

@Charlie
    too:     I don.t use VPN . So , no google , no you tube, no pictures …

Thanks again though,   it s interesting to know there are actually Buddhism believers here… I might just kneel down to the Buddhas,  pray to them, light some candles and burn some incense……

it s strange,  I planed only to visit the temple , don’t why suddenly I wanna talk to the Buddhas like I used to …..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.